Busa For B King Trade

Does anybody know how long Suzuki will have to carry parts for a discontinued bike? :dunno:

Rubb.

Does anybody know how long Suzuki will have to carry parts for a discontinued bike? :dunno:

Rubb.

I bought new side cover badges for a 1980 GS1100E in the spring... Suzuki is famous for keeping the flow of parts alive.

Besides, the King is 50% Busa... and there will always be Busas. At least there'd better be! :devil:

Last edited:
Im still buying brand new parts from Suzuki for my 1980 GSX.

It's not really a drama.
A lot of stuff Suzuki don't make anyway and much of it is common to other models.
Anything popular there will be stuff in the wreckers or aftermarket stuff.
Some stuff like GSX11100 square headlights are getting hard to find and are discontinued but MR2 / Bongo Van ones fit.

Only one I've had a problem with recently is the mid 80's 1135 (1150) EF "Big" round headlight as the are not produced and 30 years old, but even they can be replaced with a couple of old Yam ones the same size, 99% of round headlights are an inch smaller and work fine if your not fussy.

Old bikes aren't too bad if your not trying to keep them 100% factory stock, will order from overseas and do a tiny bit of homework. The King sold better in the EU / AU etc so there will be stuff around for a while.

Engine is 100% Busa, some parts have a different external finish as they are more visible.
Wheels are a straight swap. Forks swap but they are not the same.
A lot of other stuff isn't a direct swap.

One country (Brazil I think?) is actually using B-Kings as Police bikes !!

Lucky for Rubb, I have a spare set of bar end weights that were machined for bar end mirrors!

25109974353_9d7d890a81_b.jpg

I always like the look of the Bking and was surprised it didn't sell better. There are still new ones on cycle trader. That look is back in now with the new release 1000.

Of course, a naked Hayabusa is still lighter, shorter, feels more sporty with its higher pegs, has a bigger fuel range, more leg room, takes magnetic tank bags and costs less... LOL

TODAY.....

Only 2 days to the start of Winter, but what a beautiful day!
Bit short of time but still got a ride in....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back