Busa flame job (tapeout) What ya think??

03BusaLTD

Registered
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Well I have started to do some mock-ups as far as the design that I am doing this next few weeks. I recently did the front end, here is a pic of what I came up with... I know that designs like this is something that should express me as a whole (that kinda poop) but I am always up for some design inputs. you guys in the end are the critics and I love critism...
let me know what you think...</span>

I like it, though your Color combination is going to be critical, get it wrong and BAM...your going to be in Biker Boyz Hell. It's a little busy but I say do what you like and to hell with what anyone thinks... Should look pretty cool

It's a nice layout for the most part but in the picture below I highlited the area that just falls apart with me. That section just doesn't flow with the rest of your layout. Looks awkward. As the others have said, it's a bit busy for my tastes but on the other hand I'm glad everyone isn't like me.
wink.gif

busa_20flame_lost.jpg

I like it, though your Color combination is going to be critical, get it wrong and BAM...your going to be in Biker Boyz Hell.  It's a little busy but I say do what you like and to hell with what anyone thinks...   Should look pretty cool
Oh, and Rev, I think he is going for Biker Boyz Hell, as you so eloquently put it. If I remember correctly from his past posts about his paint job he wants something like Smoke had on his busa. Ummm, you sure have been quick to rain on folks' parades lately. You ok? It's not like you... You're the one who usually "plays well with others" around here.
rock.gif

I think with the right color combo, it will be cool, but then again, I like flames.

I agree with Bullet Train that the side kinda falls apart and doesn't flow well. If you tightened up the lines BT highlighted and just made it a thin transitional flame expanding back out to the others, I think it would help a lot.

It's ulimately YOUR bike, so do whatever pleases you. Other peoples opinions should never concern you unless it's a group of 12 jurors.
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys I appreciate the input... as far as color goes, the bike will still be black but with a marbleized flame job...

yeah i agree on the loss of continuity on that mid part... i havent incorporated the design into the rest of the bike yet.... THIS WAS A PRELIMINARY TAPE UP... so where there was a loss there would be transistion into the lower right fairing.... basically I couldnt do it cause the fairing is still in work.... thanks for the info.... I too was worried about transitions but really was curious about your thoughts on the flames themselves... I used to have a bike with simple flames

but now its time to go all out and have some funnn..... after all i will probouly sell this bike in like 3-4 years... and get another big boy so i might as well have some fun with it.... couldnt keep it LTD forever... I tried and look what happend to me

so now its time to go all black out on this BITCH
biggrin.gif

talk to me guys i love feedback

I think if it's black with the marbelized flames it will look cool.
cool.gif

yeah, I'd love to see what ever came of that original design
cool.gif

remember the lines of the 01 Busa and the 04 Busa there is a reason they are that way. If you study those from a profile perspective You should be able to come up with a one-off paint scheme Good Luck? Looks Good.

The Daimyo
RidersNation

Back