Busa Down

MoNoXiDe

Registered
Well sorta. I just got back from a short ride and was letting the busa cool down before bringing her inside. Well my wife backs out of the driveway and runs her over.

I've never had a wreck, so I have never had to order fairings before. I have read where people get aftermarket cheap fairings and I don't want to run into that. Where do I start to get her back up on her feet.

Left side Mirror and fairing. Also, left side casing.

If you go the dealer route you not only need to order the fairing, you need to order all he fairing underpinnings like heat shields and foam. Usually the parts department can help you out. Mirrors can be gotten cheap off eBay.

I'd go to the dealer. There's aftermarket stator covers that are more durable but the fairing would come from the dealer. I;d live with the mirror unless it's broke.

If you go the dealer route you not only need to order the fairing, you need to order all he fairing underpinnings like heat shields and foam. Usually the parts department can help you out. Mirrors can be gotten cheap off eBay.

He can reuse the heat shields from scratched one. A hair dryer will loosen them up so they can be peeled off.
Lay both old and new down side by side, do one at a time and reuse them. They'll stick right back on.
The new fairing should come with one or two heat shields already on it. It's the foam pads that he will reuse.

Don't forget to check the footpeg. Mine broke when I "gently" dropped mine a few years back. Check the mount also.

I haven't had a chance to really dig in and see what all is dinged. I did notice that the tail end has scratches and my pipe was kinda pushed in. I pulled it back out. The rearsets did have scratches at the tips, but not broken. I am so bummed, she was such a beautiful bike. Not a scratch on her.

Also, thanks for the heads up. I will check with the dealer and keep the foam etc.

My wife did the same thing to a Vulcan I had years back , In a rush to get her nails done she backed into the bike knocked it over into the street and with it pouring fuel out came back into the house to tell me :crowbar:

Well. I just found out that my insurance won't cover it because it was my wife that hit it. They said you can make a claim against yourself. That is bs. So, I am stuck paying for this.

I am looking for Front, Rear, Left side cowl and fairing and left mirror. I will just order another clutch pazzo and deal with my akrapovic being scratched a little. Please let me know what you have.

Black and Red 2011

Thats Fugging BS you pay for insurance, it doesn't matter if your wife or a tree hit your bike! Start *****in

You shouldn't have told them it was your wife... :laugh:

He can reuse the heat shields from scratched one. A hair dryer will loosen them up so they can be peeled off.
Lay both old and new down side by side, do one at a time and reuse them. They'll stick right back on.
The new fairing should come with one or two heat shields already on it. It's the foam pads that he will reuse.

+1

Just reuse everything from the damaged ones. It's really easy to swap everything over... ;)

I recently went through a similar experience. My insurance covered mine though.

Check out OEM Parts : SuzukiPart.com

The expanded views makes it easy to make a list of the OE part numbers. Then you can pick the place you want to order from. suzukipart.com is not the cheapest place, but I've found it the best place to find part numbers for the parts that you need.

Well. I just found out that my insurance won't cover it because it was my wife that hit it. They said you can make a claim against yourself. That is bs. So, I am stuck paying for this.

I am looking for Front, Rear, Left side cowl and fairing and left mirror. I will just order another clutch pazzo and deal with my akrapovic being scratched a little. Please let me know what you have.

Black and Red 2011

What do you pay insurance for?

IF you dropped your bike - it would be covered.
If someone else backed over your bike it would be covered.
Your wife is someone else.

Shouldn't make one bit of difference. I would go up the ladder and get it covered.
Unless your so rich that you don't need the $$$$ to fix the bike and only have insurance because it's the law. ??? ???

What insurance Co. do you have?

Back