Busa down in the garage, nothing serious

FinnBusa

Registered
Well, after 6000 miles it finally happened. I was coming back home from my evening ride and was already in the garage doing about 1-2 mph when all of a sudden I find myself sitting on the floor and the bike is next to me on its ride side. Had 0 seconds to react. What the hell happened? I got up and looked around. The garage floor is covered with sand. Apparently I just locked the front end when braking and fell over. The lighting in the garage is very dim so it was practically impossible to spot the sand, especially coming from bright weather outside. A young lady came to help me lift the bike up (how humiliating). Only cosmetic damage on the right-side fairing and mirror but I'm still pretty pissed. I heard that numeours complaints have been filed about the dirty garage floor. But I'm glad it was nothing more serious. I've been very careful on the road but this situation totally took me by surprise.  Slippery concrete floor with sand on top is a very dangerous combination, I noticed.

I'm attending a track day tomorrow. If I go down, I do hope I drop her on the right side...
laugh.gif

Sorry to hear about that Finn, Sounds like you have been riding the mess out of her.

I might bring this up to the property owner. If there have been complaints before about the sand you might have a decent case to have them pay for the damages. With previous complaints, it sort of sounds like negligence.

Have fun on the track.

I might bring this up to the property owner.  If there have been complaints before about the sand you might have a decent case to have them pay for the damages.  With previous complaints, it sort of sounds like negligence.
Hello, allow me to introduce myself, I work for Shyster,Shyster and Shyster . Attourney's at Flaw.
We represent you..the innocent bystander. NOT the ruthless insurance companies . Allow me an' my team of highly disreputable dirtbags too get YOU , the settlement YOU deserve. Call 1-800-scu-mbag . Today . Dont delay.

All kiddin' aside man...you do have a case , seriously.
It dosent matter if you like the property owners/managers,it wont come out of their pockets anyway . It is negligence . It will come out of the properties insurance handler .
Sand....on what I'm guessing is a polished concrete surface.
You could have really gotten messed up man....
Go after them....most of us would . If not for us , for our buddies in the building . What happens when some lil' ol' granny slips on the floor....

Sorry to hear of your mishap FinnBusa . If you would have installed a pair of frame slider you would have walk away with only a scratch. Herez a photoz of mine after a tip over on my driveway when I walked away from the bike while it was warming up . Do the frame slider install before you get it painted!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC00561.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see here the scratch is barely noticeable.

DSC00566.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!! you have more scratches than i do and i went down a side of a hill
tounge.gif

that really sux big time.

Back