Busa Dethroned

busa-ss

Registered
race.gif
Busa Dethroned.....impossible.....yes.....no.....maybe..... possibly......Sacrilege.
mad.gif
Ok, now that I have your attention.....I found the first road test on the all new 04 R1, it made for an interesting read, starting with
guns.gif
172 bhp @ the crank and 180 bhp w/ram air @ speed.....97mph @ 13750 rpm in 1st gear, 127 in 2nd gear, 197 in top gear @ red line. Its a must read, you'll find it @ this web address....
bluegrab.gif

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx? ArticleID=511&Page=1

busa_3.jpg

All I do is just roll on the throttle out of a turn to see a dark stripe follow me through the straight as my tach needle is bouncin' off the rev box........

Ummm no.

Not going to dethrone us. If it puts 153-155 hp down on a dyno, it will be doing good. Even if it does, it will come up short in the torque category, no where near 98-100 lbs stock like we have. Bring em' on, I'm not skeered... so long as we are going straight!
tounge.gif

Here is a link from one of our board members posting over on SH.org, saying it only made 140 on local dyno.  funny stuff huh?

The bottom line is all these liter bikes are struglin' to make one fifty at the wheel, the Busa does more stock and with some work or even a turbo runs 220-475hp. Busa owners: don't run out and buy an R1 yet (although they look HOT as HELL!) The only bike that will beat a current Busa is a newer Busa if they ever come out with a new one.

I find 197 MPH a little hard to believe too. Even if the hp is the same as the Busa, the aerodynamics aren't as good.

ok, here is my story:

I rode my boys 2003 R1 and on his bike is the fastest i've basically gone on a bike. I was on the 170 freeway in Los Angeles and hit almost about 140mph, the bike started shaking like it had too much coffee. it was unreal to the point where I slowed down immediately and got off the freeway.... I asked my boy if something was wrong with his bike and he was like, naw it don't have a dampener on it?
Now I was on my boys 2002 GSXR 1000 and at 135, It felt as smooth as 80mph all day.....

i know it was a 03 R1 but, I doubt if a 04 is gonna pass me up on the streets.

Where did it do better than the Busa?
biggrin.gif
This was a road test not a comparison, can it do anything better than a busa? The comparisons will come.....you got to admit if the bhp @13750 red line this bike will be in the ball court......if I remember correctly my busa red lines in 1st gear @ 90mph, R1 100, I thought this was impressive
muscle.gif

Ummm no.

Not going to dethrone us.  If it puts 153-155 hp down on a dyno, it will be doing good.    Even if it does, it will come up short in the torque category, no where near 98-100 lbs stock like we have.   Bring em' on, I'm not skeered...  so long as we are going straight!  
tounge.gif
race.gif
I agree torgue will probably come up short, but they may have the bhp's, if the crank bhp is 180 @ speed, rear wheel hp should be about that.......
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|busa-ss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077386631 -->

The bottom line is all these liter bikes are struglin' to make one fifty at the wheel, the Busa does more stock and with some work or even a turbo runs 220-475hp. Busa owners: don't run out and buy an R1 yet (although they look HOT as HELL!) The only bike that will beat a current Busa is a newer Busa if they ever come out with a new one.
race.gif
Agreed.....the rumer is an all new busa in 05, completely reworked from the ground up......Damn, knowing suzuki it's going to be nuts......
jump9.gif

I don't care what they dyno at!

I had a 00 R1 and that thing was a wheelie machine. Role-ons will be quick but from a dead stop until TOP SPEED, the BUSA will always be KING!
cool.gif

The only way the BUSA will be beat is with better AERODYNAMICS and MORE POWER! The only time it would need less weight is if they make it into a road race bike. For every day riding, draging and just plain fun the weight helps keep the BUSA stable at those high speeds!

R1 = Wheelie Machine regardless of Horse Power!

Where did it do better than the Busa?
biggrin.gif
This was a road test not a comparison, can it do anything better than a busa? The comparisons will come.....you got to admit if the bhp @13750 red line this bike will be in the ball court......if I remember correctly my busa red lines in 1st gear @ 90mph, R1 100, I thought this was impressive
muscle.gif
Although 10mph faster in first, but no where near as much torque as the Busa. How ever you look at it to have anything over 100ft lbs, and 170+ hp you need a larger/longer frame for stability. I'd have to say the liter bikes are pretty much at their limit of engineering when it comes to stuffing high hp into a small frame. Also, if anyone has ridden a liter bike will agree that the power does drop flat at some point (lack of torque) where the Busa seems like it pulls every gear like its first.

umnik.gif
My prediction is (and I've seen it in the past) that any decent liter bike launched with enough finesse and rider skill will easily hang with a Busa untill about the top of 2cnd gear but once the Busa clicks 3rd and rolls full throttle the other bike will look like it hit the brakes HARD. My .02 Whatdya think.

race.gif
I think you're correct, torgue is a huge issue with smaller engines, and the R1 will not dominate over all.....but everytime I think technology has topped out and they can't go any further.....they do, look at the 03 GSXR1000, lighter, faster, better, and more hp......it's nuts.....now suzuki is to drop the GSXR line, and is developing a whole new line of hot rods for 05, busa included......I have a snicky filling that they will be even more awesome......
muscle.gif

...now suzuki is to drop the GSXR line, and is developing a whole new line of hot rods for 05, busa included......I have a snicky filling that they will be even more awesome......
muscle.gif
Busa SS Where do you hear of such things... please enlighten one. BTW What's SS about perhaps a Chevelle??

Back