Busa depreciation...

simanio872

Registered
Hi guys,

got kind of a stupid question, how much ya think my bike would be worth private party?Unfortunately needing a new truck and the busa is the difference between the one i want and the one i would settle for lol. Shes a 2018, got 1800ish miles, full akra exhaust, pc5, ak20 front forks, penske rear shock, ohlins stabilizer, spare set of track wheels/tires, and loads of negligible other parts. I was hoping to see around 13,500 for it but not sure whether or not thats out of the ballpark:)

thank you for any input or opinions!

8B583D76-6B30-4E6E-8ECF-1CF40A5307BD.jpeg

I just did a Cycletrader search for 2018 and under 5k mi in the SoCal area.
No '18s listed but '19s and '20s are listed between 12 - 13k, (and some at 14k) which is, out the door between 13 & 16?
I agree w Mr Brown cuz 1,800 mi is nothing. How much is that exhaust all by itself?
[EDIT] those are dealer listings with zero miles

I just did a Cycletrader search for 2018 and under 5k mi in the SoCal area.
No '18s listed but '19s and '20s are listed between 12 - 13k, (and some at 14k) which is, out the door between 13 & 16?
I agree w Mr Brown cuz 1,800 mi is nothing. How much is that exhaust all by itself?
[EDIT] those are dealer listings with zero miles
Think the exhaust was about 1,250, spendy but I’d been dreaming about an akra system for years:D

Think the exhaust was about 1,250, spendy but I’d been dreaming about an akra system for years:D
Honestly it's well worth what your wanting but it might not be that easy to get with all the brand new ones fir less. Even tho you got some nice mods it's hard to recover that money. Like Mr. Brown said list it fir 15 and hope fir the best, me personally id settle fir the lesser truck and keep the busa but I can't stand the thought of being without mine.

That is a beautiful black bike with a spectacular setup. Nice work on it!

Would you care to tell us about your specific truck options? Do you use the truck for work and do you have write-offs on it or is it solely for personal use? Do you have another bike or will this end riding for a while?

Put it stock sell it for less then sell parts. Prob get more that way.
Mathew has nailed it here. You have some sweet goodies that are worth good coin.:thumbsup:
Take a look at mine...HUGE DOUGH invested.
Tell me what you think I could get for it with all the "EXTRA'S" and 5000 miles on the ODO. Check it out
Mind you it is a 2010.
Rubb.
Hi guys,

got kind of a stupid question, how much ya think my bike would be worth private party?Unfortunately needing a new truck and the busa is the difference between the one i want and the one i would settle for lol. Shes a 2018, got 1800ish miles, full akra exhaust, pc5, ak20 front forks, penske rear shock, ohlins stabilizer, spare set of track wheels/tires, and loads of negligible other parts. I was hoping to see around 13,500 for it but not sure whether or not thats out of the ballpark:)

thank you for any input or opinions!

View attachment 1620954

The trouble with "Backto stock" is entirely would you do the work yourself?
If no then a mechanic has to do it which my cost you the difference in price modded vs stock
If you can do it yourself in a reasonable amount of time so as to move the sale of a stock version along then yes you would probably do well to revert to stock
sometimes you have to eat the mods and use their value to get back all the money you spent buying just the bike
fwiw
jp

The trouble with "Backto stock" is entirely would you do the work yourself?
If no then a mechanic has to do it which my cost you the difference in price modded vs stock
If you can do it yourself in a reasonable amount of time so as to move the sale of a stock version along then yes you would probably do well to revert to stock
sometimes you have to eat the mods and use their value to get back all the money you spent buying just the bike
fwiw
jp
If he couldn't do it himself I'm sure he could shout out to some close by Org members/or friends for aid. If I was close by I'd do it for beers :beerchug: and I don't even drink.;)
Day's work tops. :thumbsup: I'd tell him just catch me on a day when it's raining. No excuses not to help out then.
Rubb.

That is a beautiful black bike with a spectacular setup. Nice work on it!

Would you care to tell us about your specific truck options? Do you use the truck for work and do you have write-offs on it or is it solely for personal use? Do you have another bike or will this end riding for a while?
Well right now i have a second gen dodge gasser thats going TU and need a new truck. Right now i could swing a super clean gasser or higher mileage cummins (12k is about my max to leave myself in a good spot) but i would really like a lower mileage cummins 4x4 dually second gen. Big thing is i do work quite a bit with my truck and would like to have my welding machine in the bed, though i do all that stuff on the side. I do have a harley to ride but cant talk my self into selling it because of the sentimental value:)

I’m hoping to be lazy and just get her sold as is but if i do decide to yank all the goodies off i might have to take you guys up, always got some food and beer for friends:thumbsup:
I'd put it out there and see what you can get....

Sadly, the extra goodies often help the sale but not the price. people who buy bikes like these often do their research.

Well right now i have a second gen dodge gasser thats going TU and need a new truck.

I totally get the duelly and the big engine capacity you are seeking. So I am nearly there but please, what is TU? Terminal something?

While disappointed I agree you are making a good move in getting the truck you want and ditching the bike.

The bike purchase is pure emotion and if you can play on that you may be able to get a better price. I suggest a large number of photos. Take the bike to a backdrop without any personal clutter, either a big open space or a park for example. Take up close photos of everything for example, the windscreen, shock, fork, each brake caliper, the cockpit, the hump, a full-frame shot of the big red decal, all the stuff that seems like nothing to us, but realize that gets buyers excited. Put all of such on Cycletrader and pay their fee for a premium listing. You sound real handy and not a dope just bolting stuff on, and I might mention any of your mechanical experience in the ad.

Did you sell the mirrors, is that right? That's kind of a negative despite being a small issue.

I see few bike listings overall and they popped up relatively late this season too. I have also read that people are holding onto vehicles in general right now. Thus I think you have the best shot you are going to get of selling at a good price during this buying season. There is no time to waste as the buying season is right now.

I totally get the duelly and the big engine capacity you are seeking. So I am nearly there but please, what is TU? Terminal something?

While disappointed I agree you are making a good move in getting the truck you want and ditching the bike.

The bike purchase is pure emotion and if you can play on that you may be able to get a better price. I suggest a large number of photos. Take the bike to a backdrop without any personal clutter, either a big open space or a park for example. Take up close photos of everything for example, the windscreen, shock, fork, each brake caliper, the cockpit, the hump, a full-frame shot of the big red decal, all the stuff that seems like nothing to us, but realize that gets buyers excited. Put all of such on Cycletrader and pay their fee for a premium listing. You sound real handy and not a dope just bolting stuff on, and I might mention any of your mechanical experience in the ad.

Did you sell the mirrors, is that right? That's kind of a negative despite being a small issue.

I see few bike listings overall and they popped up relatively late this season too. I have also read that people are holding onto vehicles in general right now. Thus I think you have the best shot you are going to get of selling at a good price during this buying season. There is no time to waste as the buying season is right now.
Hayabuser has it right:p old girls rough life is catching up to her lol. Thank you for all the advice man! I did sell a bit of the stock parts, including mirrors, but i have a buddy with quite a bit of busa parts around that might be willing to part with some. Ill more than like pick up a first gen this winter if all goes as planned, definitely cant get anything but another busa:) Great idea on the photos, thank you!

Back