Busa cuts out

Well I got the filter out ,
and was surprised it
was not that dirty .

So I cleaned it up ,
and now got to rebuild
all over again laugh out loud .

Thanks everyone for your feedback on my drama .

:lol:

#OurFuelsAreJunk ~ #StopUsingRegular ~ #StoreWithPremium ~ #THEoRg *

#OurFuelsAreJunk ~ #StopUsingRegular ~ #StoreWithPremium ~ #THEoRg *

Thanks for this,well worth a go

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to post an update on my situation with the hot start.Well it’s all gone bad,as I changed the pump for another new one from America,new fuel lines,insulated around the pump housing to mimic the missing fuel pump sock,layer of heat proff matting,replacement fuel injectors.Well after six hours of stripping down and replacing and filling up and crossing fingers,also checked all the ground leads as I read on one of the forums this was an issue as well,charged battery to 13 volts,went to start and sounded like a popping sound under the air box then it stopped running,so I thought it was just a priming issue with just fitting the new pump,so a couple more attempts and I now cannot even start the bike.The noise I get now is like a tick sound when I try to turn the bike over,and this sound seems to come from the back of the bike possibly.I have tried testing the stator with a testing machine and all seemed ok according to the vid on you tube,but what I cannot work out is that I have replaced all for new,and it’s worse than when I started.This all sounds comical when I read this as I am writing,but honestly guys,having this bike make this noise and it will not even start now has baffled the s—t out of me(excuse language),but dam I never had any of this from my old bus of the same age,and I am in desperate need of anyone’s help in regards to this noise and not turning over now please,somebody help.

Hi mibina,bit confused as I put new injectors on yesterday,do you recommend cleaning new injectors.
Just ignore that post from Mbina . . that's his first post here, we don't know him and it was not helpful.
I know how frustrating this is, fitting all those parts and the time it takes etc, now it won't even start you say.
Is it possible for you to video the starting noise (click) and post it up so we can get an idea of what we are up against?
If you have a youtube account, upload a short vid of you attempting to start it and copy and paste the link up on this thread, ok?
If you press the starter button and get a 'click' sound, it's well known what to test regarding this issue. I'm a motorcycle mechanic by trade and working in a Suzuki franchise and there are others here that are also very well versed in the diagnosis and repair of bikes.
We are always willing to help, but we need an accurate description of the symptoms to be able to accurately diagnose the fault. A vid is the best way forward.
Of course the other option is to take it to a reputable bike mechanic in your local area, if you just want it fixed ASAP.

Just ignore that post from Mbina . . that's his first post here, we don't know him and it was not helpful.
I know how frustrating this is, fitting all those parts and the time it takes etc, now it won't even start you say.
Is it possible for you to video the starting noise (click) and post it up so we can get an idea of what we are up against?
If you have a youtube account, upload a short vid of you attempting to start it and copy and paste the link up on this thread, ok?
If you press the starter button and get a 'click' sound, it's well known what to test regarding this issue. I'm a motorcycle mechanic by trade and working in a Suzuki franchise and there are others here that are also very well versed in the diagnosis and repair of bikes.
We are always willing to help, but we need an accurate description of the symptoms to be able to accurately diagnose the fault. A vid is the best way forward.
Of course the other option is to take it to a reputable bike mechanic in your local area, if you just want it fixed ASAP.
Thanks kiwirider,I turned it over this morning,and it started and then stopped.I did a bit of research yesterday and found a lot of trouble like this was either the regulator solenoid,or it was the starter motor?,all I know is it confusing me.I have just returned with a replacement for my battery and some wynns injectors cleaner,so now to drain and strain some more and change my old injectors back,if only it were simple fix,not this needle in a haystack scenario.I will post vid if it starts clicking again,but I will run a dc test on it as well to be sure and come back with the results.The most annoying factor is this is probably the best summer for a while and the bikes been garaged all the time,gotta laugh.

Yessir. The 99/00 external pumps get hot and quit. Do you have the insulation around it?
Hi mr brown,

I just wanted to say thanks for your advice around the hot fuel pump issue. As a update,all my work in replacing it and the filters, with new hoses,unfortunately did not fix the issue. Over the last 6 months I persisted in getting to the bottom of it,and can report after a new battery reg rec,cleaned and tapped plugs and new injectors, still nothing.I had clean crank gear,not gummed up like others report as the problem. So now I have fitted an upgraded starter motor and new stator, it has finally fixed it.I took it out,and got it warmed up,turned it off,then crossed my fingers and boom,started like a demon.All I can guess is,it was the starter motor. But even though I have shelled out a few hundi more than I wanted to,I did all the work myself, self taught off the you tube,and saved a bundle in mechanical fees.So to you,kiwi rider and the others that have helped with advice thank you,for the others that have this issue,and dont want to go through the head ache I went through check the starter motor first.£129 on ebay, heavy duty worked a treat.I wanted to update every one that I fixed the issue,as some people dont.

20190825_180110.jpg

Back