Busa Chain replacement. How?

Boosa001

Registered
My chain is starting to show its age.  Time for a change.  Any hints how to change the chain on the Busa?  Any help or step by steps would be appreciated.

Buy the best chain u can afford.
Change the front and rear sprockets at the same time.
Cut old chain,they use wire to attach it to new chain,pull old chain out,new chain automatically gets pulled into place.
Use rivet type master, not clip type . I just use a hammer and punch to set the master, but if yer fairly new too the wrenchin' game, you can buy a special tool too attach the master link . You can also buy a "chain-breaker" , I just use my die grinder .
This is one item you dont want to fug up.
Dont cheap out . Get a chain with a minimum of 10000 tensil strenth . Get an O-ring,or an x-ring .
Get new sprockets , chains an' sprockets wear together as a set . Old sproc's will chew up new chain .

anything else...just holler....RSD.

I'll send ya step X step for the whole deal if ya want by email.
rear wheel removal , front sproc cover removal, blah blah blah.....
lemme know........have a good 1.....RSD.

DO NOT PUT A NEW CHAIN ON WITH OUT CHANGING THE SPROCKETS OR AT LEAST CHECKING THEM CLOSE. Then go with a DID X or O your choice or a EK zvx Xring strongest around. Any good top chanin just stay away from the fancy color chain. Gold or Silver is fine. If you have to go with new sprokets get them from AFRAM. They have great service and Chrom molly fronts and Stell nickel coated back.

I'll send ya step X step for the whole deal if ya want by email.
    rear wheel removal , front sproc cover removal, blah blah blah.....
          lemme know........have a good 1.....RSD.
HEy RSD, this is something I would love to see posted in the "Technical/Maintenance" section of the board. I know I could use the play by play, just for that extra vote of confidence if nothing else.

Just a thought but I know this kinda thing is pretty time consuming so no worries. I'll whine and bi7ch more when the time comes for me to actually do it...

EZ Chain replacement... Step by step.

Step 1: Start bike.
Step 2: Go to local dealer.
Step 3: Purchase 530 D.I.D o-ring chain.
Step 4: Hand dealer $150-200
Step 5: Ride home.

Following the above steps will save you at least $5 in hand degreaser.

biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

EZ Chain replacement... Step by step.

Step 1: Start bike.
Step 2: Go to local dealer.
Step 3: Purchase 530 D.I.D o-ring chain.
Step 4: Hand dealer $150-200
Step 5: Ride home.

Following the above steps will save you at least $5 in hand degreaser.

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
whenever I'm on stage....there is always at least one heckler.
usually I tell 'em to go get....
but tonight , I'm in a good mood .

hecklers=
bored.gif

o ya....ya fugged up on step 3....you can buy an X-Ring .

stays cleaner , lasts longer , blah blah blah

Back