Busa Center Stand

busaboyn2o

Registered
Ok Guys, as we all have known for a while the gen 1 side stand can be a bit of a D*CK. Rather than trying to mod it, I wanted to see what it takes to install a center stand. I have seen some Busa's on here with them, and want to know if it a direct bolt on, or what exactly needs to be done to make it work.

Secondly, where the hell can I get one. They come up on ebay every now and then, but most of them are rusted and not worth the cost in shipping.

Thanks,

They were factory on early models.
PM Goldenchild, he can probably get you one.

the big thing is dropping the exhaust. if you don't find one I had one local in nice shape I may be able to get.

the big thing is dropping the exhaust. if you don't find one I had one local in nice shape I may be able to get.

Lucky for me I'm turbocharged!! No exhaust to worry about. If you can get a hold of it, I'd definately be willing to take it off ur hands. Shoot me a PM if you can grab it.

Well, I've owned two Busi and have never tinkered with the kickstand. I even lowered the '06 1 3/4" in front and 2" in rear and managed to keep it up on the stand. It nearly stood straight up and down. That center stand has got to weigh a pound or ten :laugh: and looks like azz, but as always it's your ride be happy with it.

Well, I've owned two Busi and have never tinkered with the kickstand. I even lowered the '06 1 3/4" in front and 2" in rear and managed to keep it up on the stand. It nearly stood straight up and down. That center stand has got to weigh a pound or ten :laugh: and looks like azz, but as always it's your ride be happy with it.

Yeah, it does look a bit bulky, but you cant argue with a built in rear stand : :-)

I'm not a grudge racer or a guy who visits the track often enough for weight to be a big concern. I love how it looks standing tall, and the fact that you don't see too many with it.

Question is how do u lug it on to the center stand... with the weight of the Busa, and the grab rail at the tail end!

Happy fourth of July, to all American riders!!Does anyone know if the center stan will work with a 4X1 scape?

I had one on my 2000 and loved it. It was easy to put it up on the stand and was very stable. You have to drop exhaust and remove the belly fairing/ wing or what ever it's called. LOL

busa15.JPG

Happy fourth of July, to all American riders!!Does anyone know if the center stan will work with a 4X1 scape?

Just realized this was a post from 2014 and you were asking about a 4 into 1 exhaust. Sorry I don't have an answer for that unless it exits underneath like the stock did.

Thanks anyway. My center stand is the original one and I'm not sure it will work with a 4X1 exhaust. Your busa is beatiful, by the way. Mine is also blue and silver.

I have one. What are they worth?
They are the price of gold. Steel turned to Gold
Just $213.16 + shipping ( $203.65 )

Thanks anyway. My center stand is the original one and I'm not sure it will work with a 4-1 exhaust. Your busa is beatiful, by the way. Mine is also blue and silver.
Had one too (1st Busa)...awesome. I'll smack Ken for ya... :laugh: (see below)
HMF dual exhaust gen 1 fits with centerstand.
So it will fit with a dual system eh....thats gr8. :thumbsup:
Actually its a fine oportunity for me to thread jack.
My 2nd Busa,2007 with HMF. Cool lQQkin', zero fun to install.
Sweet thou Eh ....

Rubb.

the center stand fits with 4-1 and 4-2

and it is a nice tool if you wanna turn some screws at a bike that stands verticular and as save as fastened in concrete / not on the kick stand.

but when mounted it reduces the max lean angle.

(this kind of mid jack is an other good chance for getting the busa verticular , but for pulling the swing arm it is completely useless.)

so long time ago my busa - buddies found a little trick.

they (and me too) installed the counter bolt allone and use the "flipper" further on

how?

read here

so if necessary use the kick stand,
remove the "flipper"
and connect the mid stand without springs and put the bike in verticular stand.
this needs around 4-5 minutes.
when work is done go the way backwards
and the center is history / stored in the shelf or so till next use.

Centerstand fit with with HMF dual, yeah I know it's dirty. It's riding season and whadda ya want from a 17 year old bike...? LOL

IMG_20200707_155151.jpg

Clearance on the right. It tucks in well, I've never had it touch. I think the fairing in the front touches down before anything else on a stock gen 1. If anybody has any other information that would be interesting.
IMG_20200707_155227.jpg

Lots of clearance on the right.
IMG_20200707_155242.jpg

I had the stock rubber centerstand rest tab from the stock exhaust welded on to the HMF
IMG_20200707_155338.jpg

This tire has mostly commuting miles on it, still though the chicken strips, are small and the centerstand had never ground out. yeah I know the rim is dirty... LOL
IMG_20200707_155253.jpg

cheers
ken

Back