Busa Buggy, no fuel/spark

Metallis

Registered
Hello everyone, I am relatively new to the motorcycle engine world. Working on my 3rd buggy now and decided to go with the Hayabusa. Its a 2008, put together my own harness and had sensors disabled such as the tip over sensor, secondary TPS, O2, idle control, and pair valve. I have the essentials wired in near identical to the wiring diagram. At the moment I have power where it needs to be, grounds, and sensor grounds. The sensors I do have, all receive their 5V from the ECU. The Injectors and coils are getting their power from relays. Clutch input is good. My problem is that my fuel pump relay is not activating and no spark. It is wired correctly, I'm very good with electrical. One thing I have noticed is pin#39 Y/B is constantly hot. It should ground activating my relay, ECU controlled. Is there an input I must absolutely have for the engine to work? Gear Position? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Mega.jpg

Whats wired, checked and checked again.
Injectors
Coils
Manifold Pressure
TPS
Air Temp
Cam and Crank
Charging system
Starter with input for ECU
Clutch input

Battery is fully charged and tested. 12+ while cranking. If there is something I'm missing, I still have the plugs. If there is any info missing that may help you, ill get it to you as soon as I can.

I'm pretty sure can't drop straight 12v into the ECU. It is an anti thief. There is a resistor in the stock key switch. Do some searching on the inner web and you'll find what you need to do to complete the circuit.

I'm pretty sure can't drop straight 12v into the ECU. It is an anti thief. There is a resistor in the stock key switch. Do some searching on the inner web and you'll find what you need to do to complete the circuit.
Thank you, I bought it as a car kit never thought about the anti theft part. I'll do some research find out how to get it wired.

Thank you, I bought it as a car kit never thought about the anti theft part. I'll do some research find out how to get it wired.
On my 2009, the bike won’t start if it’s in gear and the kickstand is down. Did you bypass the kickstand safety switch, clutch switch and kill switch on the handlebars? Post above is good one too. There is members that have had issues trying to wire up a different or aftermarket ignition, due to resistor/s mentioned.

Hey Mabupa, I went out and did another check. Those switches are bypassed. The harness did not come with a ignition switch and the harness was hacked up, sad site. I found a good schematic, doesn't show the switch though. I imagine the ECU needs to see the resisted voltage on a certain pin. Still doing my research.

I don't have the ignition plug at all, but I believe I got it figured out. Once you turn the switch on it makes contact with the orange wire. Has one lead that branches out and back to the Switch, blue on the switch side. Comes back out, O/Y then into the harness G/B. Goes straight to the ECU, nothing else. Its labeled LED pin# 21. Im sure that's the one that has the resisted power. Buddy has a spare switch, confirm it later.

Well, no switch. It's ok, I wired in a 100 ohm resistor and bingo. My wire for the fuel pump relay now works and I have spark. Starting to build my fuel cell and fire it up. Thank you mjl3truck and mabupa for your advice!
I’m in a similar situation, my key broke off on my 06 busa and when I installed the new ignition it gave me an FI code c42. Appears I need a 100ohm resistor as the aftermarket ignition doesn’t have one. Where exactly did you put the resistor?

Back