Busa brother killed......

RIP

I hear you spudley.

20 years ago, I rode a bike. My Son, then about 2-3yrs old came into the garage where I was and stood next to my bike. At that moment a bolt of lightening hit me and I thought...one of them has got to go. I kept the kid.

20 year later, both my kids are grown and it seems like an acceptable risk. One I, me, Justyn am willing to take. Although should something happen I would hope they would miss me, I would think losing me today would not be near the catastrophic loss on my family as it would have been 20 years ago. Imagine just getting an injury and being out of work for 6 months...

So...for you younger rides with families and children, is it really really worth the risk? What would happen to your family if you did not come home today as our brother has, vs. your own personal addreniline satisfaction.

It's just not worth it...just a thought and ride careful.
I feel were you are coming from my good man and this is coming from a guy that has a 4 year old son. I am a Busa owner and will continue to be until I can no longer ride or throw my leg over the hump. Don't get me wrong here but I want to live my life and I am not one of these balls out riders that I see all time I use throttle control and wear gear any time I put my leg over this awesome machine. But the Key thing is I want to live my life and I want my son to do the same because if no one ever took risks in life then were would this world be. I am sorry for the lose that our fallin busa bro's family took but he was living his life and things happen some times. So with that said live your life folks but do use Throttle Control, Commen Sense, Be aware of your surronding at all time, and the MOST IMPORTANT one of all WEAR YOUR GEAR FOLKS. Also learn from mistakes and apply what you have learned that is one of the main reason I come to this site is because there is a vast amount of knowledge here not just about the busa but about riding.

RIP

I hear you spudley.

20 years ago, I rode a bike. My Son, then about 2-3yrs old came into the garage where I was and stood next to my bike. At that moment a bolt of lightening hit me and I thought...one of them has got to go. I kept the kid.

20 year later, both my kids are grown and it seems like an acceptable risk. One I, me, Justyn am willing to take. Although should something happen I would hope they would miss me, I would think losing me today would not be near the catastrophic loss on my family as it would have been 20 years ago. Imagine just getting an injury and being out of work for 6 months...

So...for you younger rides with families and children, is it really really worth the risk? What would happen to your family if you did not come home today as our brother has, vs. your own personal addreniline satisfaction.

more people are killed in car accidents than motorcycle accidents... would you not drive a car then either? Call me selfish or what ever but I have 3 kids all under the age of 8... I love my family with all my heart, but I dont understand when people take the mentality that you have concerning riding and childeren.
2cents.gif

Sorry guys, wasn't trying to critique our young fathers for riding busas (or jack the thread). Just be safe...always...kids or not.

RIP

I hear you spudley.

more people are killed in car accidents than motorcycle accidents... would you not drive a car then either?  Call me selfish or what ever but I have 3 kids all under the age of 8...  I love my family with all my heart, but I dont understand when people take the mentality that you have concerning riding and childeren.  
2cents.gif
theres more cars on the road then motorcycles.so ofcourse more people will die in car accidents,plus they weigh alot more and will do more damage when hitting another car.with a bike its usually just one death,the riders.

Damn that sucks! RIP brotha! Thoughts go out to your family (including your unborn child). Would like to hear more details when they are available.

My condolences to family and friends.

Very sad  
sad.gif

The article said he failed to make a turn...

sad, sad, sad RIP

I got a call about THAT Busa when the dealer received it.......hate to hear this.

RIP

I hear you spudley.

I feel were you are coming from my good man and this is coming from a guy that has a 4 year old son.  I am a Busa owner and will continue to be until I can no longer ride or throw my leg over the hump.  Don't get me wrong here but I want to live my life and I am not one of these balls out riders that I see all time I use throttle control and wear gear any time I put my leg over this awesome machine.  But the Key thing is I want to live my life and I want my son to do the same because if no one ever took risks in life then were would this world be.  I am sorry for the lose that our fallin busa bro's family took but he was living his life and things happen some times.  So with that said live your life folks but do use Throttle Control, Commen Sense, Be aware of your surronding at all time, and the MOST IMPORTANT one of all WEAR YOUR GEAR FOLKS. Also learn from mistakes and apply what you have learned that is one of the main reason I come to this site is because there is a vast amount of knowledge here not just about the busa but about riding.
+1, I see where Spudley is coming from, I have thought about the risks and if they are worth it, but I could slop in the shower tomorrow morning, or pass away in a car accident. I have a 9 year old, 5 year old, and a step daughter that is 12. My wife is a stay at home mom and if I was gone, I don't know what they would do, but giving up the things that make you who you are is not always the best move just because they are not the safest things to do. I feel for his family. I am sad to hear of anyone passing away whether on a bike or not, but I would rather leave this earth doing something that I love rather than any other way I can think of.

I hate to be the antagonist here......what the heck happened ?.......operator error ?......accidental ?.......was he "geared" ?.....helmet ?.......This is starting to really upset me...how many times do we have to reiterate the deadly nature of the machine we ride ?.....There is an accepted responsibility to operate this machine "with care" (for all you Busa-Newbs).......I need more facts.  The Generation II's are nastier than the Generation I's most of us ride, not discounting the heavily-modified group, of course.  Nonetheless, the Generation I's are STILL "plain nasty", not unlike our Kawi brethren and their monster.    

I feel very bad for the mother-to-be that is now burying her recently departed husband.  I DO KNOW the GOOD LORD will provide and comfort, but what can we learn from ALL these accidents ?........

For those of you that are new to the O.R.G., welcome, but please be advised that you're mounting up onto, and thumbing the starter of the, World's Fastest Production Motorcycle.  We make light of a lot of near-misses, we talk with levity about some crazy stunts GONE BAD, we talk with contempt for a lot of the ill-prepared types out there trying to impress us with their "skills" and lack of protective gear just because we happen to be in the saddle of a Hayabusa.  The Hayabusa wasn't made for putting and cruising, she's a high-speed RUNNER, and with a few mild adjustments, a twisties conquerer, as much as she CAN BE a long distance tourer.  BUT PLEASE, don't sell yourself a line of untruths that "IT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOU".  

I've only been around here two years and change, but I've read plenty on the dangers of our lifestyle, and then top it off with Hayabusa ownership to boot.  Heck, our top-administrator / founder nailed a pick-up, on accident.  A lot of the folks around here have spent YEARS learning what this machine is about, what she CAN, and CANNOT do.  How hard she'll brake straight-line, how responsive she is to obstacle avoidance, is "learned".  You think because the guy at the shop was glad to sell you one, that it qualifies you for the master's degree in physics, and a doctorate in high-speed mechanics, aerodynamics, and manuevering ?....."You're WRONG"......

I feel terribly bad for families our ego's, or lack of maturity leave behind.  I'm not saying this was the culprit in this case, let me make that clear.  If I buy it at 180+, you'll find my lifeless body fully-leathered, out in the middle of nowhere, and you can blame it on operator error, or the investigator's mechanical-failure theory.  If I go down due to someone else's negligence, then that'll just be plain-too-bad.....

for "ME".

I won't apologize for being honest to those that are new to the beautiful world of Hayabusa ownership.  I will apologize for the flavor of this post as I'm not the one laying in a funeral home lifeless, awaiting burial.  

To those that own and ride a Hayabusa...START DOING IT BETTER.....NOW.....RIGHT NOW.

God bless that family, prayers for the soul of, and Godspeed.
You can get killed on a bicycle! I had 300 feet of skid mark when I had my accident and I went through the woods about 40 feet from the road. I got up and walked out and spent only 4 hrs in the emergnecy room. I also had a really bad car accident seven years ago and if you would have seen the car you would not have thought any one could have walked away from. It is not really all about how you ride and how fast. I believe it is all about when your time comes it is going to happen no matter what precautions you take.

The only way you can escape death is by not living at all!

Back