Busa brother killed......

Very sad indeed, RIP, prayers sent for his family!

GODSPEED!

Breaks my heart to hear that a brother or sister goes like this. So sad for his family . RIP

R.I.P. This SUCKS SO BADD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was just lookin at the Same Bike the other day here in SACTOWN.  
sad.gif

PS: " I am Tired of Hearing about LOST Busa Riders "
please.gif

Can't locate anything but some of the locals I spoke with said that some of the skid marks on the road were around 160' in length.... Can't confirm any of this, just repeating what I heard. Also, was told that James was/is going to be a "Daddy" very soon if not already!
That's a real shame, may god watch over his little one !!!

Here is a link to the funeral/obituary

<span style='color:blue'>FOLLOW ME BY CLICKING PLEASE....</span>

HASELDEN, James Entered into eternal rest on the evening of October 23, 2007, James Wilson Haselden, husband of Kimberly Guarino Haselden. Residence, North Charleston, SC. The relatives and friends of Mr. & Mrs. James W. Haselden are invited to call at J. HENRY STUHR, INC., GREENRIDGE ROAD CHAPEL, Thursday, October 25, 2007 between five and eight o'clock. A Memorial Service celebrating James' life will be held at a later date. James was born on June 26, 1983 in Moncks Corner, SC, the son of Dr. Robert K. Haselden, Sr. and Frances Bodiford Haselden. James was an independent Bread Distributor. He is survived by his wife of N. Charleston, SC; his parents of Pinopolis, SC; one brother, Lance Corporal Robert K. Haselden, Jr. of Pinopolis, SC; one sister Noelle Martin of Alpharetta, GA; and several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and cousins. James loved his family, cars, motorcycles, and ice hockey. He was eagerly anticipating the birth of his, and Kim's, first child, a daughter, Hannah James. A memorial message may be written to the family by visiting our website at www.jhenrystuhr.com. Visit our guestbook at www.charleston.net/deaths.
Published in the Charleston Post & Courier on 10/25/2007

2191487_2185767_0_1.jpg

I hate to be the antagonist here......what the heck happened ?.......operator error ?......accidental ?.......was he "geared" ?.....helmet ?.......This is starting to really upset me...how many times do we have to reiterate the deadly nature of the machine we ride ?.....There is an accepted responsibility to operate this machine "with care" (for all you Busa-Newbs).......I need more facts.  The Generation II's are nastier than the Generation I's most of us ride, not discounting the heavily-modified group, of course.  Nonetheless, the Generation I's are STILL "plain nasty", not unlike our Kawi brethren and their monster.    

I feel very bad for the mother-to-be that is now burying her recently departed husband.  I DO KNOW the GOOD LORD will provide and comfort, but what can we learn from ALL these accidents ?........

For those of you that are new to the O.R.G., welcome, but please be advised that you're mounting up onto, and thumbing the starter of the, World's Fastest Production Motorcycle.  We make light of a lot of near-misses, we talk with levity about some crazy stunts GONE BAD, we talk with contempt for a lot of the ill-prepared types out there trying to impress us with their "skills" and lack of protective gear just because we happen to be in the saddle of a Hayabusa.  The Hayabusa wasn't made for putting and cruising, she's a high-speed RUNNER, and with a few mild adjustments, a twisties conquerer, as much as she CAN BE a long distance tourer.  BUT PLEASE, don't sell yourself a line of untruths that "IT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOU".  

I've only been around here two years and change, but I've read plenty on the dangers of our lifestyle, and then top it off with Hayabusa ownership to boot.  Heck, our top-administrator / founder nailed a pick-up, on accident.  A lot of the folks around here have spent YEARS learning what this machine is about, what she CAN, and CANNOT do.  How hard she'll brake straight-line, how responsive she is to obstacle avoidance, is "learned".  You think because the guy at the shop was glad to sell you one, that it qualifies you for the master's degree in physics, and a doctorate in high-speed mechanics, aerodynamics, and manuevering ?....."You're WRONG"......

I feel terribly bad for families our ego's, or lack of maturity leave behind.  I'm not saying this was the culprit in this case, let me make that clear.  If I buy it at 180+, you'll find my lifeless body fully-leathered, out in the middle of nowhere, and you can blame it on operator error, or the investigator's mechanical-failure theory.  If I go down due to someone else's negligence, then that'll just be plain-too-bad.....

for "ME".

I won't apologize for being honest to those that are new to the beautiful world of Hayabusa ownership.  I will apologize for the flavor of this post as I'm not the one laying in a funeral home lifeless, awaiting burial.  

To those that own and ride a Hayabusa...START DOING IT BETTER.....NOW.....RIGHT NOW.

God bless that family, prayers for the soul of, and Godspeed.

RIP

I hear you spudley.

20 years ago, I rode a bike. My Son, then about 2-3yrs old came into the garage where I was and stood next to my bike. At that moment a bolt of lightening hit me and I thought...one of them has got to go. I kept the kid.

20 year later, both my kids are grown and it seems like an acceptable risk. One I, me, Justyn am willing to take. Although should something happen I would hope they would miss me, I would think losing me today would not be near the catastrophic loss on my family as it would have been 20 years ago. Imagine just getting an injury and being out of work for 6 months...

So...for you younger rides with families and children, is it really really worth the risk? What would happen to your family if you did not come home today as our brother has, vs. your own personal addreniline satisfaction.

It's just not worth it...just a thought and ride careful.

Back