Busa brother killed......

not a good comparo Sloto200. Yeah more people might die in car accidents because there are more cars than bikes. However, look at survival rates per accident car vs bike and tell me what you come up with. Same can be said about air planes. More people die in car accidents than in plane crashes, but how many people survive a plane crash....0. Meanwhile there are many car accidents where people walk away with no problems. Keep that in mind and don't think that little stat makes it safer than what it is, dangerous...

So with that said live your life folks but do use Throttle Control, Commen Sense, Be aware of your surronding at all time, and the MOST IMPORTANT one of all WEAR YOUR GEAR FOLKS.
Great advice that is spoken often but I'll add something to it that isn't always said: PRACTICE EMERGENCY BRAKING. Throttle control is nice yes especially if you can do it smooth yet quick enough that the bike's weight doesn't shift forward too fast overloading the front end. Especially in mid curve so you can tighten your steering radius. But how about being smooth enough with the brakes for added effect? How many here can say they know how to trail brake efficient enough to help them in the curves on their favorite backroads? With either the front or rear brake and no using the rear brake won't kill you if you know what your doing. There's plenty of racers that have proven this for quite awhile.

Better yet, many know and practice shooting to high speeds as fast as they can. How many times do riders practice braking as smooth, quick and efficiently as possible from 70mph, 150mph or even 180mph? And i don't mean once every 2 weeks or a month either. If your gonna practice getting to and running at high speeds, you should just as much practice all the more harder stopping from such speeds as well. If ya don't you're not only cheating yourself out of a amazing aspect of your sportbikes ability, but possibly a chance of avoiding or surviving a incident.

i'm not going to start a debate and highjack this thread but my point was this...

"but I dont understand when people take the mentality that you have concerning riding and childeren."

my bad on the "statistic"... you can die doing alot of things... and yes... i obviously know that there are more cars than motorcycles on the road... i'm not blind

So, what were the Details after all ?? I understand that he did'nt make a Turn. Was He going TOO FAST. etc I believe we can ALL Learn from other Peoples Mistakes.

GOD gave us the power to Reason. We all have COMMON SENSE. Some People have LESS of it than others but that is another subject.

Anyways GOD BLESS his Family and Friends. DEATH SUCKS but so does " Not Living "

News paper report.....

Man dies after motorcycle crash

MONCKS CORNER "â€￾ A North Charleston man died Tuesday night after he lost control of his motorcycle on Bushy Park Road.

James Haselden, 24, was riding a Suzuki motorcycle and failed to make a turn at 9:45 p.m., Berkeley County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Salisbury said. The motorcycle ran off the road, and Haselden was thrown off. He died as he was being taken by ambulance to the medical helicopter, Salisbury said.

It's always sad to hear about a tragic end, damn my condolenses. My sincere sympathies goes out to his family and all of those affected. May God be your anchor in this sea of sadness. RIP James.
please.gif

I received a message via email from BusaBro (James') father in law. Here it is..

Peter

Thank you for your comments.. some info on James and then the copy from his brother. James came into our family six years ago; Kim met James at while working at the Carolina Ice Palace. They just got married on Septerber 8 2007 and we are expecting Hannah James at the end of December. This was his second Busa; his first was 2005. He also had a Big Dog Chopper. We all ride, his parents and us. We were very lucky to have the in-law , outlaw family relationship. Hell, we all went to bike week and rode all over the place as a group.

The wedding was wonderful and seeing the love that James had for our daughter Kim put a smile on this old mans face. My wife and I will have a empty space in our heart for a long time.

We visted the crash site and there was just no reason for the wreck. I was on the Busa site and read some of the comments and one of them stated that there was 160 ft skid marks. The info below from his brother Bobby hopefully will explain to everyone.

He was a good rider and a GREAT SON-IN-LAW..!!! Again, thank you for posting the info below. Ride Safe.

Sincerly

Dave & Nora

Yamaha

V-Star
Ladson, South Carolina

************************From his brother***********************

Some of you know already, some of you don't. Some of you may not have known him.

My brother, James, whom I so affectionately called 'Bruin' died on Tuesday night,Oct 23rd, after a motorcycle accident. I know everyone wants to know what happened and no one wants to ask me so here it is:

My Brother, Patrick, and I decided to go out for a ride Tuesday night. I didn't really know where I felt like going so James just lead us out to the Bushy Park area. The road is long and smooth, nice easy curves, pretty much the perfect road to ride. Except that it is dark and who knows what lies around the next corner, an animal, pieces of things, gravel, etc....

So we start crawling down this road pretty quickly. My brother was on his brand new 2008 Hayabusa and I was having trouble keeping up once we hit straightaways on my R-1. I had fallen behind just far enough that my head lights were no longer touching the rear of his bike. Patrick was far enough behind that I hadnt seen his headlight since we turned on to this road.

Immediately after a very soft bend (not even a curve really) to the right, I saw his taillight go straight up and disappear, then two more dim flashes of red and then he was gone. I immediately stopped my bike, threw everything off and started yelling his name. The brush was 4-6 feet high in places and in the pure darkness of night I couldnt see anything. I ran in to the brush at the best place I could guess and started working back from there finding James lying on his back about 5m in to the brush. I immediately removed his helmet and began CPR. He sounded like he was trying to breath but there wasn't any real conscious physical response. In the meantime Patrick called everyone including 911. I checked James' pulse and there wasn't one but I thought maybe I was too excited and had done something wrong. That I had to be wrong because he was still trying to breath. Patrick and I waved down a car for light. I just held James and pleaded with him to stay and be okay as the ambulance and firetruck arrived. We were told later he had died sometime at the scene.

We found his bike about another 50m or so in to the brush completely destroyed. The truth is, I was the only one that was even close to being able to see him and I couldn't tell you what went wrong. A shattered piece of board was found along side the road that may have had something to do with it. All I know is, even at the speeds we were traveling, Bruin was a talented enough rider that the bend should have presented no challenge at all. There has to be another reason why he didn't make that bend. Maybe there was an animal I never saw, but something prevented him from easing around that bend like he should have.

So, long story short, my parents have lost a son. I have lost my only brother. And all the world has lost a genuinely good person.

Thanks again
Dave & Nora

Thanks for the update... While I was living in Charleston I had the pleasure of meeting Patrick but not James. I was always taught that birds of the same feather flock together.. This being said I know James was a fine young man who was full of life. My heart goes out to James family and friends, there are no words that can express what their going through. Praying for all who knew him and blessed to have had him as a fellow oRg Brother....
Ks
(Sonny)

RIP...I used to live in Charleston and have ridden on that road. I lost a good friend when I was there too, when his bike slid in front of a semi...

Sad story. My condolences.
sad.gif

Being that the Busa was brand new I hope the bike itself will be investigated for manufacturing defects or a dealer prep issue.

I've ridden with "big James" a few times.  This is around the 5th poor soul in the Charleston area to pass away including one girl who had her bike for less than a day and went over a overpass.... Ya'll be careful.

BE SAFE!!!!
please.gif

Kevin
Charleston, SC

I've ridden with "big James" a few times.  This is around the 5th poor soul in the Charleston area to pass away including one girl who had her bike for less than a day and went over a overpass.... Ya'll be careful.

BE SAFE!!!!
please.gif

Kevin
Charleston, SC
Yes, that was very sad.... temporary tag on her brand new bike, with her husband following her. Very sad indeed.

Back