Busa/ bike get together

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
OK all here is a try to get us together this summer! I know no matter what someone is going to have conflicts with the dates. The month will be August. The dates are still up in the air. There are a few riders coming down from San Fran and they are trying to get more. LA is the location. Obviously a ride to the rock store will be in order but we should plan so after hour stuff as well. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Lo-Busa is your point of contact in the San Fran area.(I hope she likes being volunteered)
tounge.gif
I will do it down here for now. Please post all your suggestions and lets make this happen.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
aktion035.gif

hey howlin vegas would be better but ill be thier i do not have to go to the field that month,,,,,,so count me in semper fi ill see ya thier BG

Great Leatherneck! Your in. I don't know Vegas either but LA is going to have to do for this hastily put togeter one.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

northern california BUSA folks!! let me know if you would be down for going to LA at the end of August and we can set up a meeting point to travel together.... it will more than likely be a long weekend type trip. thurs. - sunday.

throw out some dates and we can narrow it down......
aktion035.gif

Lo

sleepy.gif
Marc, I'm in too. I live in the L.A. area by Magic Mountain. If you need any help let me know.
ernaehrung004.gif

Hey Marc, I'm jealous! I wanna come too...
Yesterday I found 25 sport riders up on our saddle road. About 10 of our local guys and 15 from Honolulu who allways come over the weekend after memorial day. They had put over 700 miles as of Sunday afternoon they said. I usually ride solo but it was cool to see so many others. Have fun -
ride safe gang.

thumbs-up.gif

sleepy.gif
Ok How about Aug 23, 24, and 25, Fri Sat Sun. Sunday will have to be reserved for the Rock Store, that leaves plans for Fri night and Saturday and night. How about Angeles Crest on Sat? Universal Citywalk? Hollywood Blvd? Sunset? Cruise up the coast to Santa Barbara? Meet at the Rose Bowl? Any good night spots in LA where we can park a lot of bikes?

Those dates are good with me! Right now anyway. I think you have the right idea about the schedule. Lets see what Lo can come up with on her end.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

sleepy.gif
Just got a mail from a writer at MC magazine, he suggested the ride from Lake Hughes through Ojai ending up in Santa Barbara, a few twisties and some good long straights. I'm just throwing out ideas to brainstorm this thing. We do this all the time at work and nobody gets their feelings hurt if the groupd doesn't like an idea. If we meet at the Rose Bowl, it has a big parking lot, it's 40 min from the Rock Store, and 15 min from Angeles Crest. We need to plan gas stops, potty breaks etc. The whole itinerary.

What are you doing this weekend? Maybe you and I can get together for a ride. Long trip for me to the rose bowl but worth it. Scout out some eateries and maybe a few night spots. Make a day of it. A long one for me. But I would like to see the lay of the land. If not this weekend let me know when it would be good for you to get together.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

aktion035.gif
August 23-25 sounds good to me. i will post under NorCal Geographic those dates and see what i get. my friends who ride said just let them know the dates and they are down for the ride.

hey marc, whatever rides you guys set up i'm sure will be great. i have been dying to go to the Rock Store and it sounds like you guys have it included in our venue.....

i will keep you up to date from this end...
aktion035.gif

Lo

aktion035.gif

sleepy.gif
Marc, I can't do it this weekend, the next full day I have open is June 30. There's got to be some other guys out there that can come with us and make a few suggestions too.

biggrin.gif
Whenever you guys go plz get some pics to post and Marc can you take your helmet cam ???
thanx
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

kENT,
The helmet cam is on hold. My Jeep Wrangler just died on me so I have to see how much that is going to set me back first. I have seen some camera mounts so I may go with that instead!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Lo,
What kind of night life are you guys gonna want? Dinner(of course) dancing(?) Just a poser night out in say Hollywood or something Just let me know. I am here for the ride!
biggrin.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Maybe your LA group meet could disscuss a National for next summer? Sounds like a job for Howlin Mad? Just an idea. If people complain on this board, to bad cause there going to anyways no matter what.
aktion033.gif

hey marc,

maybe a good sports bar/club would be cool. hanging out shooting pool, music/dancin' etc... this would be a good forum to discuss a national meet. i will probably be trailering my bike down that way, so in the evening if we want to go and have drinks
ernaehrung019.gif
we don't have to worry about drinking/riding...
aktion035.gif

hawaii, i am going to bring my digital camera so we will have lots of great pix to share with those who can't make it. i am still trying to find a BUSA for you to rent
tounge.gif
(cross your fingers!)

This sounds like a great time but alot of trailer miles for me.
However
I'm going to crash Sturgis on my Busa this year, first week of August if anyone else is intrested?

rgd808, Been thinking of going to Sturgis with my brother - he's got a soft tail classic. Will post a message before hand if were going?
dozingoff.gif

Back