Busa Bearings 101 Zook OEM vs not

@ZeePopo

i guess that if the ceramic´s also are deep groove ball bearings they have the same problem like steels
and the enormously high price is completely pointless when used as a wheel bearing,
because the axial load on the balls is 1 : 1 identical to # 2 above,
because the basic design is identical and a radial bearing, from whatever material, is not designed for this application.

the axial load occurs with every slightest inclination or when driving over an obstacle, e.g. curb.

my summary from the phone call with my bearing supplier is that ceramic grooved bearings are just as unsuitable for wheels as those made of steel.
so don't waste your money on it.

The only real and much better suited are the angular contact ball bearings because they can also absorb axial forces.
see principal drawing of the angular

View attachment 1627016 supplement to (ceramic) ball bearings :
inside the engine, as a bearing for the gear shafts etc., could! the ceramic bearings may be a better choice,
if you have significantly lower running / rolling resistance compared to those made of steel.
whether this lower resistance to running / rolling has a measurable effect on the performance on the rear wheel, in the form of more horsepower, is another question that needs to be clarified elsewhere.
@Berlin Germany Ah I see. So the angular contact bearing spreads the force more equally unlike the deep Grove bearing that only a few balls at a time hold the load. So a angular contact bearing for our wheels seems like the best choice. Angular bearings seem to require a preload. How would we do the preload ? At this point I am interested in trying out these angular bearings in my wheels.

@rubbersidedown Look at the can of worms you opened lol

@Berlin Germany Ah I see. So the angular contact bearing spreads the force more equally unlike the deep Grove bearing that only a few balls at a time hold the load. So a angular contact bearing for our wheels seems like the best choice. Angular bearings seem to require a preload. How would we do the preload ? At this point I am interested in trying out these angular bearings in my wheels.

@rubbersidedown Look at the can of worms you opened lol
My bad....

whistle.gif

Rubb.

Back