Busa battery...the latest and greatest...CCA/reliability/etc

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Going to have to ride right thru winter this year and I don't think it's a good idea to put my trust in my now installed 90 dollar Chinese battery. Just wondering what you guys have installed that you can swear by...and not at. :D
Whats important is CCA,reliability,longevity.
Whats not important is weight. I have a standard battery tender but will upgrade if necessary. Had a gr8 battery in one of the past Busa's but now can't remem which it was,plus I'm sure the is better techno out now.
Thanks fer yer time and opinions,
Rubb.

Going to have to ride right thru winter this year and I don't think it's a good idea to put my trust in my now installed 90 dollar Chinese battery. Just wondering what you guys have installed that you can swear by...and not at. :D
Whats important is CCA,reliability,longevity.
Whats not important is weight. I have a standard battery tender but will upgrade if necessary. Had a gr8 battery in one of the past Busa's but now can't remem which it was,plus I'm sure the is better techno out now.
Thanks fer yer time and opinions,
Rubb.
Heard great things about the full spectrum batteries with the high cca but haven't been able to afford one myself, I replaced mine with a trust yuasa since I get them cheap thru work.

Heard great things about the full spectrum batteries with the high cca but haven't been able to afford one myself, I replaced mine with a trust yuasa since I get them cheap thru work.
I've never had issue with Yuasa in many many years. According to some thou,their quality has dropped(I doubt that) and a buddy mentioned that some battery's now sit on the shelf for years before being bought/installed as riders go with other batt technology.I dont know if thats a factor. Lets see what the other bro's suggest.
Thanks Bro,
Rubb.

I've had this installed for about 1 1/2 yrs. No probs. I only trickled it once when I couldn't ride for a month. But this is SoCal, and CCA's aren't as critical here as they might be for others.

20190303_081041.jpg

I’ve got this collecting dust if you want it. No bites on it, rather see you rolling than it hanging around UsedVic:

The Shorai is a bit weird in that it’s initially weak but cranks harder and harder the more you work it, but some folks swear by them. 270cca rated.

Yours for the taking.

I’ve got this collecting dust if you want it. No bites on it, rather see you rolling than it hanging around UsedVic:

The Shorai is a bit weird in that it’s initially weak but cranks harder and harder the more you work it, but some folks swear by them. 270cca rated.

Yours for the taking.
I am all over that my friend. I could pick up today...I have something to give you as well. Let me know by text. Thanks,
Rubb.

I am all over that my friend. I could pick up today...I have something to give you as well. Let me know by text. Thanks,
Rubb.

I’m usually home from work by 5:10-5:15.

Today’s my Friday though so I’m around tomorrow, Friday and Sunday.... going to be in Vancouver on Saturday.

I’m usually home from work by 5:10-5:15.

Today’s my Friday though so I’m around tomorrow, Friday and Sunday.... going to be in Vancouver on Saturday.
Cool man. You should share your sadness over your about to be... recent loss.
Perhaps a new thread with a small dedication...I could give the eulogy. We could ask for a minute of silent prayer so we can all reflect. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Rubb.
Can't beat free but here's a little read about the full spectrum. Like I said they are pricey but with the weight loss and reviews I've heard on here in eventually gonna give one a go and if i ever up the power on my bike this battery should be more then enough to crank it over. 720 CCA battery(most powerful) | General Bike Related Topics

My 2005. I was installing a battery every year. not just OEM but Blu-Gal you name it. I even kept a tender on it. After installing a SHORAI I haven't had to replace it in over 5 years and you don't have to keep a TENDER on it at all. if you don't ride your bike for 2-3 month just plug the charger in for an hours and it's good for another 2-3 months. What a hell of a Battery yeah it's a little $$$ but worth it.

Can't beat free but here's a little read about the full spectrum. Like I said they are pricey but with the weight loss and reviews I've heard on here in eventually gonna give one a go and if i ever up the power on my bike this battery should be more then enough to crank it over. 720 CCA battery(most powerful) | General Bike Related Topics
Same post I was going to add. I'll probably be jumping to it when mine dies. I have something identical to @HayaWakened. I put mine on the terminals and ran the connection cord to the left rear opening on the tail (grab section for center stand). Tucks behind the frame perfectly and plug it in if I'm not riding for more than 2 weeks!

Hey Rubb,

I know you're probably already set with a new battery, but if you don't end up getting it, have a look into the antigravity batteries or EarthX batteries. I'm running an EarthX on the PS bike right now, but have been running it for 6 years with no problems. I'm going to switch over to the antigravity this winter just to replace this unit and have a freshy in there.

Hey Rubb,

I know you're probably already set with a new battery, but if you don't end up getting it, have a look into the antigravity batteries or EarthX batteries. I'm running an EarthX on the PS bike right now, but have been running it for 6 years with no problems. I'm going to switch over to the antigravity this winter just to replace this unit and have a freshy in there.
6 years out of a battery is phunkin phenomenal. Sweet. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Back