Busa back up and running finally!

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
As some of you may have seen from my email threads, I've spent the past few days getting the busa back up and running with some new tires (M3s) and a chain and sprocket replacement. Thanks again for all your help. I've included some before after pics of some of the process...

Here's the old and new chain and sprockets for comparison...

Sprockets01.jpg

Sprockets02.jpg

Sprockets03.jpg

Sprockets04.jpg

Here's what was waiting for me when I finally got the front sprocket cover removed...However, nothing a good clean up couldn't solve. Final pic is with the new front sprocket installed!

SprocketCase01.jpg

SprocketCaseClean.jpg

SprocketCaseInstalled.jpg

Here's the rear sprocket hub and installation. I tried to take advantage of having the hub off of the wheel and give a good cleaning. I'm still a bit disturbed by all of the cracks and pitting on the hub surface but it's been like that since new from day 1 so I guess it's ok...

SprocketHub.jpg

SprocketInstalled.jpg

Now that the sprockets were installed, the chain was next...check out that riveting job! :thumbsup:

ChainRivet.jpg

Finally, all put back together! Now all I need to due is recheck the rear wheel alignment (any suggestions on a good way to do that by myself). Well, that's about it. Think I'll take her out for another spin...later!

FinalProduct.jpg

Those "cracks" are not really cracks. They are just casting flash from the mold it was made in so no biggie.

A little carb or brake clean sprayed up front on the engine and sprocket shaft would clean it up even more.

Back