Busa / B-King False Neutral issue.

MetalDisorder

Registered
I have been noticing that I am hitting neutral more often when doing a 1 / 2 shift but I was blowing that off as being lazy and just not paying attention.
But 2 times in the last month I have hit a false neutral then the dreaded grinding and pop’s in gear down shifting.
Yesterday it was from 6th to 5th during a spirited ride. Loud gear chatter then BANG into 5th .
This is disturbing because since purchasing NEW my 08 Busa and My 08 B-King I have never had anything but silky smooth shifting for these bikes.
Anyone else have this issue?
P.S. I have 30+,000 on both bikes.

There is a false neutral between 5th and 6th, although it is not that common. It does happen rarely as you have found out.
The 1st to 2nd shift is likely where anyone will miss a shift if it's going to happen.
It isn't something to worry about, and it isn't a specific issue that suddenly pops up as a result or cause of mechanical problems.
Ride on:beerchug:

Try taking the shifter off the pivot, clean up then grease the pivot and the linkage balls.

Likely there is nothing wrong with your transmission.

This problem has existed since 99. All good points above. Start shifting like you mean it brother.

I find the shift 1-2 is very sensitive to how the toe peg is set....almost needs to be a little lower than you would like....i changed to lowered footrests and the shift became weird and missed all sorts of changes..lowered the peg about 1/4" and its been fine...my foot simply wasn't giving a solid enough nudge.

Back