Busa at the track results...Did I forget low-siding?

09BusaDrvr

Registered
So...getting my bike ready for Tally this weekend when I notice some "track residue" on the right side. It appears I ground the the exhaust as well...not real happy about the whole thing. Is this possible from just leaning into the corners???

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

Yeah possible , I remember seeing pics on here of another guy did the same thing, cornered hard enough to drag parts.

Consider it a proud acomplishment, that stock exhaust has got to go anyways :rofl:

Yeah, and here's the worst part....I didn't even have my knee out far enough to get those marks on the pucks. I wore down my tow sliders a bit...but damn, you would think I'd remember dragging half the bike around the turn. I guess it could have been that grinding sound I heard :rofl:

Yeah, and here's the worst part....I didn't even have my knee out far enough to get those marks on the pucks. I wore down my tow sliders a bit...but damn, you would think I'd remember dragging half the bike around the turn. I guess it could have been that grinding sound I heard :rofl:

I could definitely tell when mine hit~!~

It really took some weight off the tires~!!~

Got any pictures of you from the track day. From the damage on the bike and what you are saying about you dragging your toes I would imagine there might be something to improve with different body positioning.

its a bage of honor for knee draging

A accident waiting to happen is what it is...get your suspension set up properly :rulez:

A "Badge of Honor"...why would want to damage your bike and risk your life ??? or risk someone else's life at the track or on the street, just because you were clueless and did not upgrade your bike for that type of riding ???

I paid to let Ken set the suspension on my bike last spring. I suspect you are getting close to bottoming out. Have you seen the 'ziptie trick'? Put a ziptie around one of your front forks (which won't hurt it); as the bike flexes the suspension the zip tie will move and show you how far your forks are compressing (greatest point of travel). I know you weren't getting far off your bike when I was following you, but I never saw you lean that far over.

Point of impact~!~ Maybe a second before impact...camber of the road gets off set a bit and impact over the off camber portion

Busa dragging fairing.jpg

Last edited:
Me~?~

I have stock pegs but took those 1 1/2 inch feelers off, LoL

Makes a world of difference, but they do provide a much better warning of what's coming~!~

I tell ya though, that's one nasty rash he's got on his...looks like it hit with some force~!~

Last edited:
That's why I ask. I dug a trench with my peg without doing anything like pictured.

Ok, stock everything..bike is untouched..except by the asphalt. I definitely need work on body position (no question there) I took the "feelers" off early in the day because I kept hitting them.

You would think I would have noticed that. Thats not just minor scrapping...that is more like slapping the track at speed. Suspension tuning is prolly a good idea, certainly cheaper than new plastic.

Ok, so how do I minimize the damaged look? Pipes, not much you can do there but plastic ideas?

+1...1" up on the back, 55 tire, and hang your ass a bit farther, you wont have to lean the bike as much:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good one ya for taking it to the track..need more busas out there!!!!:laugh:

Back