Busa at Deals Gap

getbizzy

Registered
Hey I wanted to ask the org. something, if a buddy has a 06 Busa, Lowered in front 3" & 2" in the rear and stretch 6" with R22's on his bike run a little faster compared to a stock 08 Busa.  The reason I ask is before I had a 04 (Red) Limited Busa, lowered 2" front and rear with a PCIII with a micron and a Nikko Box (or G-Pack) and would eat his 06 up and now although my K8 shifts smoother my stock 08 does not seem to be as fast stock compared to my 04 with the above mention mods.  I welcome opinions on how this could be.

Hey I wanted to ask the org. something, if a buddy has a 06 Busa, Lowered in front 3" & 2" in the rear and stretch 6" with R22's on his bike run a little faster compared to a stock 08 Busa.  The reason I ask is before I had a 04 (Red) Limited Busa, lowered 2" front and rear with a PCIII with a micron and a Nikko Box (or G-Pack) and would eat his 06 up and now although my K8 shifts smoother my stock 08 does not seem to be as fast stock compared to my 04 with the above mention mods.  I welcome opinions on how this could be.
well for one, you said faster? do you mean top speed,1/4 mile,roll on's? im assuming you mean 1/4 mile seening how he's stretched.....it would make alot of sense, 08's are not making 200hp @ the rear wheel. Just him being lowered and streched your at a BIG disadvantage, not to mention he's piped.....so he's probably making the same if not more rear wheel HP as you are. Then you have the weight issue, your bike(08) stock is heavier than the GEN1's stock, but he's even lighter do to the after market exhaust. Dont worrie though, pipe & stretch your 08 and he will get a real good look at the new gen2 tail section
SHOCKED.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
just my
2cents.gif

but he's talking about at the gap not the quarter in the gap you "have the potential" to ride fast since your not stretched, unless he's just a better rider than you and you suck in the corners

Thanks for you response, that is what I was thinking. Could you explain how a lowered bike and stretch has a bigger advantage so I can prepare when I get mines lowered like my 04 was and then I plan to really crank it on him and wait for him to ask me what did you do to your bike
hello.gif
This is what I plan to do to my K8: Lower 2" front and rear, install gear sensor to unrestricted the bike and PCIII(usb), Brocks Alien Head Exhaust, Brocks Custom Maps, Clutch Mod to eliminate that slipper clutch feel and get these stretch adapters <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-HAYABUSA-BLACK-SWINGARM-EXTENSION-PACKAGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em14Q2el1307
QQhashZitem280249031952QQitemZ280249031952#ebayphotohosting" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....hosting</a>

Is there anything else you suggest?

but he's talking about at the gap not the quarter in the gap you "have the potential" to ride fast since your not stretched, unless he's just a better rider than you and you suck in the corners
And to be honest I am okay in cornering and need more practice; however, I understand why he would be better if he has more skill with cornering but on our way up there from Atlanta about a 3 hour trip at a rolling start around 40 MPH's we would hit it and I would notice him surging ahead about a few bike lengths only and then after we pegged our odometers out at 185 we would hold that position for miles before having to shut it down while looking for the cops. But on my 04 Busa both bikes where stretch and depending on who got the jump and depending on what gear either of us were in decided who held the lead. He has the Dual R22's not the 4-2-1. Also coming from my 04 Busa to this K8 it shifts smoother but my old Busa seemed to have more balls. I am trying to gather as much info as possible because I can tell the difference with his set up vs. a stock 08 and I have been riding for 25+ years.

How many generation Busa's are there? I was think that it went like this 99-03 gen 1, 04-07 gen2, 08-present Gen 3. What have I mistaken? BTW, thanks for all your honest opinions, it means allot.

How many generation Busa's are there?  I was think that it went like this 99-03 gen 1, 04-07 gen2, 08-present Gen 3.  What have I mistaken?  BTW, thanks for all your honest opinions, it means allot.
99-07 is gen1

08 is gen2

i guess i dont understand this thread "busa at deals gap" deals gap is not known for drag racing. but to answer your question a stock wheel base/ stock ride hight 2008 busa or any year for that matter will spank a streched and lowered busa or any bike for that matter in the twisties, long and low = slow when your talking carving up the back roads.

Back