Busa as next bike??

Kat99

Registered
Hello, New here. Great forum.

I ride a 99 Katana 600 right now and to be honest, im so bored of it.

Do you think a Hayabusa would be ok as a second bike? Im well aware of the power and how dangerous the bike could be etc. Im a mature rider and im trying to get into law enforecement so im not gonna be doing toooo much crazyness haha.

I just want a bike that i can ride a few hundred miles comfy with good power down low.

What do you guys think? Im a bigger guy, train daily and to be honest my bike is the same weight like the busa and I dont really feel the weight etc. another reason why i think the busa is perfect.

You will do fine. I had a 600 for only 2 months before ridding a Busa and I did fine. Dropped it once at a red light turning right, Other than that I was all good. Just take it easy the first week. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

You shouldn't have a problem. You'll enjoy the change I think. You're used to the weight, so just go easy on the throttle and be aware she's going to have a lot more torque and that back tire will spin a lot easier and the front end will get light a lot quicker. As long as you can respect that, you'll have a GREAT time with it.

:welcome: to the forum!

Hello, New here. Great forum.

I ride a 99 Katana 600 right now and to be honest, im so bored of it.

Do you think a Hayabusa would be ok as a second bike? Im well aware of the power and how dangerous the bike could be etc. Im a mature rider and im trying to get into law enforecement so im not gonna be doing toooo much crazyness haha.

I just want a bike that i can ride a few hundred miles comfy with good power down low.

What do you guys think? Im a bigger guy, train daily and to be honest my bike is the same weight like the busa and I dont really feel the weight etc. another reason why i think the busa is perfect.

Get one and enjoy. Be respectful of her and have a ball! :welcome: to the fold!

You should do fine, just respect the power. I just bought my first Busa a few months ago and wished that I had done so years ago, you will enjoy the bike, no question about it.

Jumped from a Katana to a Busa myself. As you said, they are comparable in size and if you respect the right wrist you'll be okay. :welcome:

Thank you so much for your responses.

I WANT A BUSA...... NOW!!! hahaha.

I have always loved the bike and just feel every time i see it that it is made for me in a way.

Im going to be looing at an 04 this weekend i think. Its got 7500 kms. and the guy is asking $7500CDN which is about $6600 US. The bike is showroom condition and all stock.

Is he asking too much??

Thanks all for your help.

Yeah cant wait to get a busa. This is the bike im trying to sell now.
- 99Katana Walkaround[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back