Busa as a touring bike

Jayhawk

Registered
I've got a 2005 Busa spotted with only 1,500 miles. The owner has it covered in his garage, and doesn't ride the thing anymore. He's changed the oil three times, and starts it occasionally.
whistling.gif

Now that he's talking about selling it, I'm thinking about snagging it and turning it into a sport tourer. Perhaps replacing the bars and adding bags.

Anyone done such a horrible thing? I know my wife would be more inclined to ride were there a sissy bar to keep her buttus maximum on the pillion.

You guys seen this done before?

Not such a horrible thought at all...I'm saving up for some Givi bags (twistedthrottle.com) and I'd love to get some Heli-bars. The proper term is 'Hyper Sports Tourer' I believe.

2006 with 30,000 miles on it since april of 06
There are some here with more mileage.
Very do-able as a tourer.
I have added corbin's front,rear, and backrest also.
beerchug.gif

Capture_006.jpg

ive put 1k miles on one sitting on mine. I got a tobin seat. genmar risers and buell pegs. not a bad combo. gonna hurt a little no matter what though. it aint a goldwing after all... thats ok though. im not old enough for a goldwing

Hit up Doyle, dr1300r, he has one he made, looked really nice, I want to do the same. Wife would ride with me more if I had one.

This thread hits pretty close to home. Here's what I did after seeing another guy on the web and basically copying everything he did. I installed a Zero Gravity Double-Bubble windscreen, added Heli-Bars risers, added frame sliders, added an OEM Suzuki centerstand, added a tankbag, softbags and a SW-Motech bracket with Givi V-46 topcase.

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

Back