Busa as a daily driver anyone?

DegradeBR

Registered
First of of all let me introduce myself my name is marcus i found a this website searching around on the net been coming here little over 1 month now decided to register to post here , right now my bike is not a busa i ride a gsxr750 2002 but soon to be getting a busa very soon, hope to be in touch with you guys for any of my toughts about a busa or questions everbody seems to be pretty decent people in here ... thats why i register myself into this forum .. well anyways my question is does anybody in here drives their busa as a daily driver?

Thanks!
MMG

When I was in the States riding I would ride mine daily to work. No issues since I didn't have to take much to work! And I like being different than the Hardley guys that rode in!

Welcome to the board and hope you get all your questions answered!

RaiderDM rides EVERYDAY to and from work directly across the City of Tampa... Long ass through traffic commute... No sweat... Well unless it's really freakin hot out....

Hell I rode yesterday and today... I figure what the hell? It's not too bad if you get out there before rush hour...

it's my daily bike for sure,
when I had my 04 R1, I rode that maybe 1nce a week.
the BUSA is a great comfortable bike for everyday here in sunny California

I ride mine every day unless it's raining, which doesn't happen much around here in SoCal. Just turned over 46k miles this week.

The Busa can handle whatever pitch you can deliver. Whether 2 hour daily commutes or weekend track work. That's what makes this bike so special, it does it all and no other bike can claim that. It's more comfortable and faster than any other sportbike. I've seen posts of guys with as many as 80k miles so it can handle the high mileage also. Just like any vehicle you have lemons and the machine treats you how you treat it. Hard driving/poor maintenance = shorter life expectancy.
Good luck and keep us posted.

BD

Oh yeah, I ride mine whenever the weather permits, just wish the friggin weather men would get some accuracy. I get tired of "conditions are favorable" that way no rain their weren't wrong, cloud burst we told ya so. Just a reminder of who decides what weather occurs where hum!

I hear ya dawg... I hate that... 30-40% chance... if I decide to go out and ride... it will rain.

and if I don't it usually never does.
mad.gif

It's why we all have busa's instead of liter [track only] bikes: becuase you can ride it in every dimension imaginable and still be smiling and comfortable. Yes, I ride to work when weather permits and sometimes even when it does not. I ride all winter when it's not snowing or icey, down to 20 degrees.

I will ride my bike to work.
He cut me off, that stupid jerk!
I will ride it just for fun,
keep them Kawi's on the run.
I will ride it day and night,
Triple digit's quite a sight.
I will ride it till I'm dead,
Don't let that thought freak your head.

I will not ride it in the rain,
I will not ride it on a train,
I will not ride it on the ice,
Falling over isn't nice
I could not would not jump a ditch
I love to ride, I have the itch

So, if my story makes you ride
Get offline and GET OUTSIDE!!!

- Dr. Seuzuki

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085143974 -->

horton.jpg

I ride mine everyday, weather permitting.........If the thermometer shows below 30 when I'm leaving, then I have some deciding to do, otherwise it's a no brainer!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I ride mine to work an average of 4 days a week
cool.gif
I give the vet a break once a week just to keep it in race shape
laugh.gif

I do when I don't have to have my truck to haul something. I go shopping on it, run errands(get done much faster that way), and any general things I need to do. I have a back pack, sling bag, and tank bag if needed.

I don't ride as much as I use to but I still take it to work and that is 100 miles round trip.
cool.gif

Yep ... much as possible ... 110 mile round trip ... except for rain or snow and temps below 30 degrees.

with 2/gal I now ride mine every day to work, previously when gas wasnt stupidly expensive I'd only ride when weather permitted. I upgraded my riding gear to some water proof and much warmer stuff so I can ride much more during the year.
smile.gif
I dunno if I'll ride when the temp drops below 40-50 like some of you nutz
wink.gif
but at least now I can be warm if I do.

Welcome to the club, you'll love the busa.

oh yeah, BigDawg, you live in NC man the weather forecast is the same for the next 4months....... 30% chance of widely scattered afternoon/evening thunderstorms with isolated heavy concentrations, potentially causing small hail and damaging winds. Otherwise hot, humid with the possibility of scattered clouds

biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

Hell, I even ride my Turbo daily when the weather is nice. You will be happy with the Busa riding daily. Trust al of us on that one.

Back