busa as 1st bike? how u guy's been doing out there

spencerrr

Registered
just wanted to know how those 1st timers are doing who bought a busa as their 1st bike are doing. any good stories or things you may have done diffrently now that you have some time under your belts. have you guys followed threw and took a class or track-day? do you guys have any advise for people who want to go down the same path as you did? i know people said don't do it, did you prove them wrong, i hope all of u are still safe.

It's all RELATIVE to your maturity. Just remember no matter how much HP you have, it's all controlled with your right hand. Act like an idiot and it will bit you whether or not you have little to NO experience or a lot. Just USE YOUR HEAD and you'll do just great. Along with finding out why we LOVE OUR BUSA'S :cheerleader:

thanks for the reply, I'm not new to ridding, i was just wondering how those who bought a busa as a 1st bike have been progressing.

Bought it when i was 21, first bike. Now im 23, 19k miles, no accidents, no tickets, no problems. LOVE it :thumbsup:

The busa wasn't my first bike but I hadn't been riding for very long when I jumped on mine. I'm kind of moving away from the big girl, because I prefer riding on the track and I use the busa as my street bike. I'm sure she could be a good time there too but I don't track anything I'm not willing to wad up and throw away.

Prove them wrong? Maybe I did. People were thinking(betting) i was going to have some type of accident when i got this bike but I've done alright. No tickets, no accidents...a few OH SHAT moments. Getting on a fast bike was ok for me, but not for the majority of people I come across. I spent my first summer riding getting used the bike. The next summer i noticed I was starting to get a little too comfortable and maybe even a little bit of a squidish... so I bought a liter bike and started going to the track. Turns out the track was exactly what I was looking for and now that is where I do most of my riding.

Do it again? The rocket ship acceleration of these bikes is something that has to be experienced to be understood. Heck, not even everyone that owns one has the guts to really open them up. However, with the added benefit of 20/20 hindsight, when I found what I really enjoyed in about motorcycle riding I think an SV650 with a tuned up suspension would have suited me just fine.

Biggest thing is to know yourself. When starting out, if you don't think you have the self restraint to handle something like this, don't get it.

Skills have progressed way beyond street speeds. Planning to look into some tracks to avoid legal problems and it is just the next logical step. 28,000 miles in the last 3 years.

If you want to get an idea how newbs do on busa's in general - Check out the Accidents forum and look a the post count and amount of time many had been on the board when they had a get off. Many I think were new to the board, new to the busa and inexperienced in any case.

Starting on lighter, less powerful bikes is always helpful - doesn't mean you'll crash because a Busa is your first bike just not a great learning bike...

bought in Apr 2009. 40k miles, 11 states, 1 wreck, and 3 tickets. wreck was my fault but was due to medical issue, not hoonage.

never owned a bike before that and the viery first bike i ever drove was killerrudy's 08 busa

Busa is my second bike. First was a Honda Nighthawk 750 in college. After about a 7 year break I got on this monster. All I can say is if you respect it you should be fine. Act like moron and it'll go poorly. It's a lot each and every time I ride.

NEVER underestimate the need to wear proper PPE. I never leave the house with less than a helmet, jacket, jeans, and gloves.

NEVER NEVER NEVER drink and drive. If I'm going to have a single beer, the Busa stays home. Period.

The Busa was my first. Like others have said, if you are a mature minded individual you will have no issue. No accidents, no tickets for me. The bike is heavy but once the wheels are turning you cant feel the weight. I took my bike to Road Atlanta and had a blast! I use the photos that were taken to dispel the myths of what people say that this machine cant do, and when they see my frame sliders almost touching the ground, well you can imagine thier expression. I would post them but I am in Afghanistan and am unable to do so. My recommendation to a new rider would be to get the Busa if you really want one the first time because I see it time and time again, people subscribe to the philosophy of getting a small bike first, well that isn't for everyone; and then they end up wanting to go bigger in a matter of months. Bottom Line up front Go ahead, get the BUSA the first time you wont regret it.

Busa was my first as well. Never regretted it from day 1. Took my time learning how she handles and now I keep up with most of the locals on 1000's and 750's. She's almost 3 years old now.

The Busa was my first bike too. I have no accidents, tickets, or regrets. :cheerleader:

DSC00070.jpg

Got the busa in 2006 as my first road bike. Put 38k on it since. The only thing I wish I did different is buy one in 99. I could kick myself for that.

I bought my 04 busa as my first bike in 2004. 3 months later I bought the 04 limited for my wife as her first bike. I traded and got a 07 in 2006. No problems and no accidents. What I love about the bike is that we both are constantly amazed and continue to learn more about these bikes. A Busa can be ANYBODIES FIRST BIKE !!!:thumbsup: Just remember the throttle is in YOUR HANDS... Control it and have fun.

I got a 08 busa right out the box brand new as first bike at 21yrs old and that was 20k miles ago. i took the chp ride class and its been a blast ever since. also be carefull the mod bug dosent bite, cause it got me :-( if i could change anything, i wouldnt but maybe also get a 600 to play in the hills alittle more. only cause my busa goes way to fast to slow down for a turn lol :rofl:

I've been lucky enough to ride several different bikes over the last 2.5 years. I had a CBR600RR for a month a new that a Honda wasn't for me. The first bike I've ever owned is my 08 Hayabusa. Aside from the weight, it is the easiest bike I've ever ridden. If you are mature enough to know your limits and experienced enough to hold her up, I don't see a problem with anyone owning one

You won't get an objective answer because those who are dead, injured, or scared are no longer on the board, and therefore cannot respond.

And those that are dead or injured could have easily died on a 500,250 or a scooter:laugh: AGAIN .... The throttle is in YOUR HANDS !!!

Back