Busa AntiFreeze????

Dola225

Registered
My bike recently over heated sitting idle too long and the antifreeze boiled over some. What kind do I use to replace it????

Thanks in advance

Find what caused it to overheat first. Unless it was a very, very hot day it shouldn't have done that. Did the fan kick on? Is the thermostat opening? Any automotive antifreeze will do, some guys use engine ice, I personally use water wetter and distilled water. If you don't use antifreeze and it gets cold in the winter where you live, be sure to drain the system or you will crack the block.

I called the local bike shop and they said you can't use auto Anti freeze they said to use "Non-Silica" or something and you need motorcycle anti freeze or where they trying me to go to them???

has to be good for aluminum radiators.

Just use distilled water and water wetter.

Flush the system first (vinegar/water mix) and put in the wetter mixture according to the bottle....and be sure to burp it.

You could try flushing your radiator system. It should never overheat, even on the hottest days.

Also, check the fuses for the radiator fans. If it blows, your bike will overheat.

--Wag--

ethylene glycol based mixed with distilled water if you are just adding

I did blow the fuse days before but simply changed it out with the spare provided. ?? ?? any suggestions as to y this may have happened

From the manual:

Coolant Specs.jpg

Reactions: Zee
Back