'busa alternator capacity

bwilken

Registered
A question for all of you mechanically involved sorts out there:
How much of the Hayabusa's stock alternator capacity is unused? ie., I would like to hook up and electric plug (mainly for an electric vest, which I believe takes 45 watts), and wondered if the 'Busa could put out that much extra wattage without potentially running anything else down?
thumbs-up.gif

I don't know how much is unused but it should be enough to power a heated vest.
Output of Alternator is 400 watts at 5000 rpm.

ernaehrung019.gif
If my math is correct, your busa with the brake lights on, head light on high beem and directonals activated for a turn, you would be using aprox. 160 watts. If Terrahawk is right, and the generator does make 400 watts at 5000rpm ?
then you will have no problems with your vest.

aktion035.gif

Thanks for the response, guys. I guess I should openly query the Captain on this also - "SO, Captain, what's your take on all of this?". Also, I just found a site in the new MCN - www.gerbing.com - they have heated vests, pants, gloves, AND socks. One reviewer said he had them on at 18 degrees with -7 windchill, and never turned it up above medium! Now, if I could just get legally studded tires for the snow driving . . .
aktion035.gif

Man to be perfectly honest I am a fair weather rider, if its cold outside I am gonna sit right here and surf the net... If its so cold outside that I am even thinking of ordering an electric vest, gloves, jacket, or underwear then I need to get help.....

Back