busa after taking a break from riding?

clearwaterms

Registered
I want to get back into motorcycling after a short absence. I have been away from motorcycles for about 2 years, having about 4~5 years experience previously. I rode a SV650 and put well over 15k miles on it in the 4 years that I had it (along with some track days as well) I was very comfortable on the bike, and was planning on upgrading to a hayabusa as my next bike back a few years ago. However, as it has a tendency to do, Life interrupted my plans. Well, If things go according to plans, I am hoping to be back on a motorcycle this summer.

SO my question to everybody out there at .oRg is... Any reason why I should avoid the peregrine falcon of motorcycles? I would be looking for a stock (or as close as possible) first gen

FYI - I am 30 years old, married with no kids and have a clean driving record.

Go with the 'Busa. There is no reason that you should not get the 'Busa. There is plenty of power and space for you and the wifey to take it for a ride. There are a couple of guys on here that even use their 'Busas for track days. Raydog is one of those guys.

I have ridden a hayabusa and found it to be a very smooth motorcycle. however, returning to riding after taking some time off, i am a little nervous of the power of a hayabusa. I remember it being a very smooth motorcycle and while it has an abundance of power, it is very linear in its delivery unlike most of the liter bikes that have a power curve that can scare you in the wrong situations.

If somebody were to play devil's advocate (and so that I can see the other side of the coin)

Why NOT get the busa?

Insurance
weight
power delivery
theft risk
what am I not thinking about?

If somebody were to play devil's advocate (and so that I can see the other side of the coin)

Why NOT get the busa?

Insurance
weight
power delivery
theft risk
what am I not thinking about?

uh oh, we're doing the pro con game of a major purchase. I remember that! :laugh:

Insurance - Depends on carrier = we've got a lot threads here on insurance. $500-$750 a year for full coverage is not uncommon. Age and accidents define your rates.

Weight is ~550 lbs. That's nothing. It's a toy.

Power Delivery - You just have to get used to it. It's an old granny bike if you go easy on the throttle.

Theft Risk - get a bike cover, a RoadLok, a Scorpio alarm. Whatever. Lo Jack. Equalize the problem. A garage helps too.

And what you're not thinking about is this... :lol: :lol:
displayimage.php

uh oh, we're doing the pro con game of a major purchase. I remember that! :laugh:

Insurance - Depends on carrier = we've got a lot threads here on insurance. $500-$750 a year for full coverage is not uncommon. Age and accidents define your rates.

Weight is ~550 lbs. That's nothing. It's a toy.

Power Delivery - You just have to get used to it. It's an old granny bike if you go easy on the throttle.

Theft Risk - get a bike cover, a RoadLok, a Scorpio alarm. Whatever. Lo Jack. Equalize the problem. A garage helps too.

And what you're not thinking about is this... :lol: :lol:
displayimage.php

haha - thank you

The biggest con of course is the wife...

As to the picture, i will never forget the first time I laid a puck of my leathers on the ground on the SV and scraped around the last turn at Putnam Raceway. I finished the next lap and stopped the session early as a result.

Go for it. I went from a used '01 R1 (my first bike) to a brand new '07 Busa (after 1 year and 11 months) and never looked back. You'll love it. I started riding when I was 38 (5 years ago). Again, go for it.:beerchug:

The PRO's definately out weigh the CON's. And remember, "NEVER buy anything but the BEST", you won't be disappointed!

I had a 04 r1 and loved it. Then I got a 08 hayabusa. Its a major upgrade on the weight but when u ride it feels like its weightless. I'm not looking back. I love my busa and she takes care of me. I say go for it. Gen 1 or 2 you can't go wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

For the money....what vehicle can get you faster?

And keep researching the custom Busa scene, it still blows my mind what they have done with the bike/engine.

Cannot dispute- has been the King for 10+ years, it's a Legend.

Back