Busa 2014 Akrapovic Full System

danielp

Registered
Hi all,

Just go my new 2014 busa (blue and white), I love it. Although it's not my first busa, I have limited tuning knowledge, and little mechanical skills.

I bought a full system Akrapovic exhaust (single can, part # S-S13R2-RT).

Unfortunately, I live in a country where there are NO tuners, no dynos, and no way to really tune your bike. Taking it to a tuner is not an option... :-(

So what do you recommend I do to take out the maximum from my bike? I would really love to get your recommendations in regards to what air filter to buy, and whether it's worth getting a PCV (or any other engine/fuel management system).

What country do you live in, whoever you bought the system from should have a map, some people like Pipercross, some BMC, some K&N (filters) If you have a full system, you should probably get a PCV. I would talk to the dealer you bought the exhaust from. You will have a hard time finding someone that will just give you a custom map.

racerV - thanks for the reply. I live in Israel. I am buying the full system from a US-based dealer. I will ask about the map, but my question (being a newb in the tuning area) is more about default maps that could be loaded on a PCV or other systems. I would assume that such maps were made by the exhaust manufacturers, no? Or is each bike tuned individually and no central repository of such maps exists?

They're generic maps. They are close but not perfect. You need to have the bike tuned using a PC and base map for your system or dyno tuned. Some of the systems make little to nothing but your system is one of the ones that makes 12 - 15 RWHP from memory. You can do what you want, but I run the OEM air filter.

Talk to the person selling you the pipe and tell them to ship you the pipe, a PCV with a known good base map for your bike and see what they say. From memory that use to run around $400 US.

:welcome: to the org. Since you got yourself a full system a fuel management box would be helpful.Get hold of a pcv. Pcv comes with a few generic maps for different exhausts like akra ti force , HMF etc. They have one for a akra full system if i remember correctly. Just use that map as a good starting point.
As for filters pick any , k/n , BMC ,pipercross or for that matter even stock. You ll get different views on filters so pick whatever catches your fancy.

They're generic maps. They are close but not perfect. You need to have the bike tuned using a PC and base map for your system or dyno tuned. Some of the systems make little to nothing but your system is one of the ones that makes 12 - 15 RWHP from memory. You can do what you want, but I run the OEM air filter.

Talk to the person selling you the pipe and tell them to ship you the pipe, a PCV with a known good base map for your bike and see what they say. From memory that use to run around $400 US.

Thanks! I've read on the web that many say that the Bazzaz Fi Fuel Control Unit is better than PCV because it controls 8 injectors vs. only 4 by PCV. However, others say that it doesn't really matter.

So what do the elders say about this issue?

:welcome: to the org. Since you got yourself a full system a fuel management box would be helpful.Get hold of a pcv. Pcv comes with a few generic maps for different exhausts like akra ti force , HMF etc. They have one for a akra full system if i remember correctly. Just use that map as a good starting point.
As for filters pick any , k/n , BMC ,pipercross or for that matter even stock. You ll get different views on filters so pick whatever catches your fancy.

Thanks. I think I'll stick to the OEM filter, unless I can get some decent tuning done, which unfortunately we cannot do here in my country.

Thanks! I've read on the web that many say that the Bazzaz Fi Fuel Control Unit is better than PCV because it controls 8 injectors vs. only 4 by PCV. However, others say that it doesn't really matter.

So what do the elders say about this issue?

If you are competing or just one of those folks that want the most you can get out of a bike go bazzaz for the reason stated. It may only be a small difference , but hey. The only reason i suggested the PC was in hopes of getting it shipped with the map loaded. If you had a tuner near by I would talk ECU flash

If you are competing or just one of those folks that want the most you can get out of a bike go bazzaz for the reason stated. It may only be a small difference , but hey. The only reason i suggested the PC was in hopes of getting it shipped with the map loaded. If you had a tuner near by I would talk ECU flash

I see. I'm no racer, I ride my bike on public roads, and I love to get that extra kick that full systems can get you. My first 2008 Busa had a Yoshimura full system, but it had some backfires and it was never really tuned. On my second Busa I had Two Brother slip ons (I loved their sound and look), and again no tuning. My third Busa had Akrapovic slip ons, and now on this one I am going back to a full system but this time I'd like to make it run better.

Now this may be a lamer question but my mother told me there are no such things as stupid questions - so here goes: If PCV may come preloaded with maps, doesn't the Bazzaz system also require maps?

From what Frank said from memory yes. But what I'm referring to is a base map for OEM air filter and your exhaust. Not justa map. Contact bazzaz tech to see if they can do the same. Not a tuner and ridind season and race season are here. Try to PM frank at powerhouse or johnnycheese. They both know tuning, etc.

Back