busa 2000 copper shavings in my engine! help

swerve1

Registered
Im still looking 4 the actual source of the copper shavings! Replaced crankshaft & rods bearings

Did you take completely apart & cleaned it out real good before you put it back together cause it could be some of the old shavings?

The shavings are from before. I have not yet assembled the case fully I hav not found anything that suggest I have copper and yet its ther.....what part of the engine has copper parts?

All I can think of is the bearings.......... you sure its copper and not bronze? Rod bushings are bronze.......

2cmn8f7.jpg
Did any of your bearings look like this one? If not, I would check the bearings in the transmission for any damage. Can you post a picture of the bearing material you found in the block?

nO BUT MY BEARINGS WHERE THINNER THAN A RAZOR BLADE BUT STILL SILVERISH!!! WHEN THIS ALL WENT DOWN I TRIED 2 START THE BIKE AND HEARD A LOUD THUD IN THE ENGINE, I SHUT IT OFF IMMEDIATELY!!! BUT HERE IS ANOTHER PHOTO

20131030_120741.jpg

I did inspect the transmission but I didn't take it apart was having second thoughts! About everything

If your bearings are as thin as you stated, they are worn past the bronze bearing material that is in the bearing. Are they all that thin, if they are, I don't see how the engine kept from spinning a bearing. The crankshaft needs to have the proper clearance in the bearing for it to have the proper oil pressure or any oil pressure at all.

I did inspect the transmission but I didn't take it apart was having second thoughts! About everything
I wouldn't put the engine back together until you disassemble the transmission and check all of the bearings and thrust washers. Have you pulled out the cams to check them? You need to have the cam bearings replaced also.

Lol well 2of the rods wher basically spinn on the journals 1 rod was pretty tuf 2 move. Some of the bearings rubbed n burned Into the crankshaft counter weight! But still had a thin layer of bearing ther thats why im nervous because im putting it back 2gether now! 1st timer

Lol well 2of the rods wher basically spinn on the journals 1 rod was pretty tuf 2 move. Some of the bearings rubbed n burned Into the crankshaft counter weight! But still had a thin layer of bearing ther thats why im nervous because im putting it back 2gether now! 1st timer

Good luck....

The cam 1s are fine the only thing ive noticed was the rod bearings! But as I say ive never seen it b4 so here I am asking 4ur expert !

Was this a new crank install that went bad??
Who sized the bearings?

Back