busa 2000 copper shavings in my engine! help

Clean clean clean, and measure EVERYTHING. Everywhere oil goes has to be cleaned very good. If there is debris in the oil, the oil carried some of it everywhere.

everything that went bad was stock my friend! im rebuilding now just waiting for new piston rings but having 2nd thoughts about what went bad

better picture!! rod bearings make a big mess?

As bad as those bearings are you should probably check the rod big end sizes and the case main bores to make sure they are still in spec. as horrible as those bearings are I can't imagine they did not damage the rods themselves.

Well you need to make sure that the oil pump is working, the damage in the pics looks like oils starvation.

Do you have a shop manual, if not down load one asap!

I really think that you should look into a used motor, by the time you rebuild your motor i can promise you it will cost more, unless you are looking to make it bigger.

Load the engine and parts (only for the longblock, not your intake manifold, exhaust, injectors, etc, that can all stay home) into a truck, drop it off at a machine shop, pay them an hours labor to assess the damage and figure out where you stand. From there we can advise.

Nobody knows what measurements we're working with and you need precision tools to figure it out so we can't yet tell you what is in fact damaged and if anything needs to be replaced beyond bearings. This could be a cheap fix, it could be an entire new engine, only measurements will tell us this.

Also, the machine shop can take a quick look at anything that might cause oil starvation (such as your oil pump). It's very easy to see by eye and with a few quick tests.

Do you have a shop manual, if not down load one asap!

I really think that you should look into a used motor, by the time you rebuild your motor i can promise you it will cost more, unless you are looking to make it bigger.

I'm with John here....cut your loses now and scrap the motor...cause here's the deal....

Those bearings got powdered away to almost nothing...and the oil carried all that metallic gunk all through every micro-port your engine has....hence why John also saw signs of "oil starvation"....so you could wind up replacing all that new hardware and have just one clogged port do the same thing all over again to all the new stuff...ala "snowball effect" and burn it up for a 2nd time within minutes...and if your rod ends are ovaled?....chances are your crank bearing mains are beat out of spec as well...so it would take a real talented wrench with some extreme diligence to make that engine worthy again....I say scrap it and buy fresh...but ultimately?...this is all up to you...as we can only make opinion based suggestions...myself?...I wouldn't risk it...as two engine failures in a row can be God awful disheartening.

And of course I wish you the best no matter what you decide...L8R, Bill. :cool:

lol why not???? I hav the manual I followed step by step! I hav 1 small oil leak on the gasket around the crankshaft positioner!!!!!!!!! It also idles low and its boggy when I throttle!!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions?? Furthr help please n Thanku

what is trolling the forum???? All you have to do is check all my previous post I had parts shipped as I posted on here. My manual I followed step by step, tools, utube videos, friends questioned and this site.. Ive taken my time breaking the engine down and putting it back together ive been down off my bike for 2months or so and it feels like a year!!! Ive put a shiiiiiiiit load of wrench time in on my 1st crotch rocket and 1st engine rebuild when I ask for feed back on here it aint bull shhhhht!!!! Now I don't know if u guys are mad because ive done something you didn't think was possible or your just plain hating on me!!!! I had to change my crankshaft, rods, piston rings, gaskets!!!!! When I ask a question on here I expect real info!!! the bike is low idle and boggy at 3000 rpms can you help?????? if not and your posting on here maybe your trolling or wtfe that means!!!!

When I ask a question on here I expect real info!!!

Then may I ask why you expect something of people you do not know? We are here simply because we like talking bikes to one another and information we give out is purely at our own digression.

Lets break down what you've told us so far. In this one thread, you've said you blew up your engine, then the only information you've given us is that it is now back together and not running properly below 3,000rpm, then you asked why that is?

My first impression was that the bike is probably knocking because I had no idea you replaced anything beyond the rod bearings (and from the way you were talking to us, I had no reason to assume anything else). I called you a troll or said you were 'trolling the forums,' because I can't imagine any sane person destroying an engine to this magnitude and only putting bearings in, then managing to get it put back together enough to get it running, as it takes at least some technical ability and knowledge.

Now that we have established the following:
1. You replaced the internals that were possibly damaged.
2. If you had the block spec'ed out you are probably fine in that area, same if you had the internals measured for clearance.
3. The engine is back together, I assume now that it is not a knocking noise.

That being said, you still haven't given us any ideas of what it could be. You said it runs bad. Have you checked if all cylinders are firing at low RPM? Have you checked if they are all firing above 3,000 RPM where you say it clears up? It could be a magnitude of things that frankly, I could go down a large list step by step to check for every one or that you could give me a little information and we could probably get this handled online.

Last thing, this is all how trouble shooting works, I expect you are mostly new to this and would hope that you keep it in mind in the future when you ask a forum, or anybody else for help. I apologize for saying you were trolling, however given your attitude towards me, mostly that you expect help and that you are not grateful for it, that I will refrain from further help in this situation. Now if you are willing to apologize and I see that you understand that I don't actually owe you a thing, none of us do, I may come back to offer my advice (as I have a few ideas of what the issue may be already).

swerve did you actually take the block and have everything speced and checked out? If not you may be heading for another blow. We need more details. You skipped a lot there. It went from being in peices to assembled with no details there. Its hard to diagnose and help without the details. Its not like we have the machine in front of us and can here and see it running. Help us help you is what i am saying :)

I took old rods and crankshaft in got them inspected they said theyr 2 far gone! Gotta another crank n rods used inspected They're all with in tolerance got new rings!

Back