Busa....1st day blues

SSKILLZ

Registered
Alright...today was my 1st day on my 00 Busa. It was scheduled for service as the previous owner paid for a tune up/oil change, and it was going in for any TSBs not yet fixed. Anyway...a piece for the starter (yea that problem) didnt come in...so I wanted it to ride for the day. Picked it up and traveled home flawlessly 20 miles. Let it sit for a couple hours and headed back out.

Note...in 5 years of riding I havent worn a helmet. Im on my way out to go buy my 1st helmet. Are you proud!? Ok dont get scared I didnt wreck on the way there. Phew!

So...another 15 miles to my shop and its still performing flawlessly. On the way out of the shop I couldnt keep the bike running! everyone there was laughing at me because they thought I was stalling it. The bike simply wouldnt hold an idle. Choke on or off...nothin doing. All I could do is hold it at 3000+ for 15-30 seconds then try to go. It would take about a 4k launch to go without dying. While trying to make it home if it dipped below 3k it would sputter and stall. Over and over this kept happening. And when I had to stop, I had to hold 4k and launch like that. It died about 8 times in 4 miles!

The bike has been sitting for about 6 months with 1/2 tank of 91 octane and no Stabil. Its been started a few times but not rode until today. I hit Mobil and gas up with 91 and throw in a bit of octane booster. I let it idle for awhile (which was hard to get it to do) and then off I went. It never fixed itself. It was the same thing all the way home. Its parked, and im mad because its a GREAT riding nite.

So...Im guessing fuel delivery issues. How about you?

Wheres the fuel filter and how do I go about checking it.

Thanks a ton guys...I got the Busa blues.

dubl O . you could an' should be in for a shid load .

It sat for a bit huh . There's prob 1. Fuel starts to do shiddy things within a few weeks . WHY DONT PEEPUL JUST START IT UP ONCE IN A WHILE . Skip that shitty fuckin TV show . Eat that fuckin ice cream cone LATER . Start yer fuggin' bike . Cant we just kill them ? It should be legal . Stupidity should be a crime . AAGGHHHH. sorry .
I'm ok now .

The smallest passages are the ones that plug first . Its not usually as big a deal with Fuel injec as it is with carbs.

my guess...crummy fuel . Clogged injectors . SLUDGE EVERYWHERE .

that an' the typical '99/00 fuel delivery probs :
filters in the pump...all of them poop .
shiddy hose's...I had one split .
clogged injectors .
blah blah blah

hav a good 1....RSD.

I concur with Robber.
get that shitty fuel out of there, DONT put octane booster in it ever again, put in clean fuel and some fuel injector cleaner.
there is a fuel line filter on that model I believe right next to the fuel pump. take it out.

Not able to idle is going to be due to dirty injectors and bad fuel.
Not able to get to high rpms would be due to a restriction in the fuel system.

Clean it out, do what I said about the good fuel and injector cleaner, and go for a long hard ride.

Keep us updated too.....
all_coholic.gif

since were on the topic
i put stabil in my bike and let it run for awhile (10-15 minutes), at least a few times before taking it apart, while on stand and then i put it in gear and went trough the gears a few times,
while on stand.
then took it apart and took parts to painter
and havent started it since
3 moths ago
i know (i wanna kill the painter)
but hes doing it for so cheap that i cant complain
its almsot done (maybe next week)
i should of started it but the fu8cking painter hasnt done it all yet
any way
will i have these types of problems?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

its a 00 busa
mad.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

yep....what Rubbah and Cache-man said. Sound advice....you should be up and running in no time.

I'm glad to see you are joining the helmet wearing crew!! As statistically seen on this board over the last year, a helmet CAN save your life and give you the opportunity to post about how your helmet saved your life. After a few weeks, you will get used to it and almost enjoy putting it on as part of your riding preparation ritual. Hope you get your engine working!! I had a bad dream about that problem once. Did you check to see if there was any rice stuck in the combustion chamber?

since were on the topic
i put stabil in my bike and let it run for awhile (10-15 minutes), at least a few times before taking it apart, while on stand and then i put it in gear and went trough the gears a few times,
while on stand.
3 moths ago
any way
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

its a 00 busa
mad.gif
gcal....sorry to use you as a TOOL . hehehe Learning tool that is .

First: I'm hoping yer tank isnt at the painters full of fuel .
If it is , call him and tell him to empty it.
Its heavy an' akward if FULL . Could get droped.
When it gets hung up to squirt , fuel could leak on yer fresh color .
Plus...the gas is in there sludgin' up as we speak .
When he wet sands moisture could go in the fuel , you dont want that .

Hopefully the cap is already out . How could it be painted properly if the cap is still in it . If it is , have him pull out the fuel level sender , an' the fuel petcock....4 10mm's an 2 phillips . Couple new o rings on re-assembly wouldn't hurt...order them now , avoid the wait .

Then when you get yer tank back you can get rid of any condesation , water from his wet sanding....etc etc ...with a little of this: see pics below .

O ya....the reving it up thing . You went thru the gears with the bike up on the stands . I wouldn't recomend that any 1 do that . Dyno's are fine , the train is under load .

jus my opinions thou....but I'll fuggin' grease anybody that disagree's with me....
guns.gif
guns.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

guns.gif

since were on the topic
while on stand.
3 moths ago
any way
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

its a 00 busa
mad.gif
gcal....sorry to use you as a TOOL .    hehehe  Learning tool that is .

First: I'm hoping yer tank isnt at the painters full of fuel .
     If it is , call him and tell him to empty it.
  Its heavy an' akward if FULL . Could get droped.
    When it gets hung up to squirt , fuel could leak on yer fresh color .
   Plus...the gas is in there sludgin' up as we speak .
     When he wet sands moisture could go in the fuel , you dont want that .

Hopefully the cap is already out .  How could it be painted properly if the cap is still in it . If it is , have him pull out the fuel level sender , an' the fuel petcock....4 10mm's an 2 phillips .  Couple new o rings on re-assembly wouldn't hurt...order them now , avoid the wait .

Then when you get yer tank back you can get rid of any condesation , water from his wet sanding....etc etc ...with a little of this:   see pics below .

O ya....the reving it up thing .  You went thru the gears with the bike up on the stands .   I wouldn't recomend that any 1 do that .   Dyno's are fine , the train is under load .

jus my opinions thou....but I'll fuggin' grease anybody that disagree's with me....
guns.gif

guns.gif
the day i too the tank off i drained it completely not one drop left
i took of the sending unit and all the other parts
cap,etc,
it has been drained this whole time
its been in a box till last week
i scuffed it and boxed it up and its been there since
i will not do that agian
(starting it and runnning it while on stand)
thanks rubba
hope fully i can get the shi#t back asap

rock.gif

rock.gif

guns.gif

right on man....we LOVE new paint .Cant wait to see yers.

wait till ya see mine....there will be so much gunnin' an' re-loading going on....hee hee

Hope it turns out good for you man . Seriously .

RSD.

guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Back