Burt at 1320, good guy

lzbrown

Registered
I called up Burt with about a million questions and he answered each one and more. He is an abundant of information and I will be purchasing my kit through him.

ps i'm the guy who called you from VA.

welcome to the board matey
biggrin.gif

Thanx homie. I usually just read stuff, but decided to post this time. Some of the questions he answered were the pro's and con's of intercooler vs water inj. That topic still has me confused, just not that much ;)

Ya know that's what I was thinking but he brought up some interesting points and that was you couldn't lower your bike much and the tire might rub while turning. Any issues you've came up with. I need to lower a turbo bike.

You can't lower the front if you do wheelies. If you don't do wheelies (very difficult with a turbo) then you can lower the front. My bike is lowered 2 inches in the rear and you can't tell the front isn't lowered.
My tire doesn't rub anything but the lock to lock is dimished a bit. I cannot lock the forks.
That said, the turbo is well worth it and IMO the intercooler is a must have for various important reasons.
Mad`

LZBROWN thank you for calling me it was good to talk to you and also if you look at MADs bike he has a clean set up. That is what you are looking at with a air to air he has some work into that bike.

Do you have a picture of your whole bike? And can you name one various reason to have an intercooler? And which turbo do you have? Thanx for all your help.

And don't worry Burt, your my go to guy.
wink.gif

I have a ghetto turbo kitwith intercooler from Motorhead. The intercooler increases HP and helps to prevent detonation. Do you require more reasons?
I also have heavy duty valve springs, .090 spacer, adjustable cam sprockets, 10 lb. spring, Johnnycheese MAP, Johnnycheese free mod, Wideband Commander, ARP head studs.
Word of advice when going turbo: Don't try to go cheap. There is no such thing as a cheap turbo setup that will live.
Mad`

Na, i'm not going cheap, I just don't want to worry about my wheel rubbing my tire, and your wheel sir looks mighty close. I do want an i\c but not the headaches it may bring.

Man, I don't sell turbo kits. The way I look at it is the power output of a turbo on a Busa is totally fuc*ing outrageous. Live with the small sh!t. Do it and leave the whining to the girls.
Mad`

do you have an aol instant messenger? If not you still haven't addressed the issue of turning and lowering

You can always notch the rear of your fender so it doesn't hit,the big boys do it and you can't see back there anyways with the fairing on.

Back