BURRRR already !

kennym4

Registered
Went for a ride tonight. I forgot how fast the cold weather hits :banghead:

Is it normal for the RPM to rev higher (in neutral warmed up) because of the cold ? Usually sits right at 1200, tonight it was just under 1500 ??

41 degrees here right now-and I'm riding to work in a couple minutes. Yeah, mine seems to rev a little higher at initial startup when it drops below 50 or so. But the cold weather also makes 'em run stronger-just be careful as traction diminishes also. Yesterday morning(46 degrees) I cracked it open exiting a turn in 2nd gear and it spun the tire(BT-016) for a sec then hooked up and snatched the front tire up hard. Doesn't do that when it's 50 or warmer.

Last edited:
Yeah, the WX is getting cold and the days short here too. Not long ago I could take a ride after supper, but now, it's gotta be a real short putt around the block.!!
Not sure about that idle, but it makes sense that the ECU would boost the idle a bit when it's cold.
Haven't ridden mine in the cold yet.

I'm in Florida, and I actually felt a hint of chill in the air this morning. Lovely feeling!

See, in Florida, we ride all year round. Suckers. :laugh:

I'm in Florida, and I actually felt a hint of chill in the air this morning. Lovely feeling!

I'm going to HATE you in a couple of months !!!

I'm sure I'll be living through Blanca's videos :banghead:

Winter sucks here. I've been trying to get a job over there in FL, but none worked out so far. I'm envious to you Vonderbach.

I love Nevada.

CA23-1 (Small).jpg

Went for a ride tonight. I forgot how fast the cold weather hits :banghead:

Is it normal for the RPM to rev higher (in neutral warmed up) because of the cold ? Usually sits right at 1200, tonight it was just under 1500 ??

I watched a guy riding last night while I was driving home in the Jeep. I could feel how cold it was already on my arm that was hanging out the window, and it made me think of many a cold ride on my Busa!

Winter sucks here. I've been trying to get a job over there in FL, but none worked out so far. I'm envious to you Vonderbach.

Florida unemployment is above the national average due to our heavy dependence on tourism.

Sorry to bring down the thread. :poke:

I think it is normal for it to rev higher when its cold. Mine did for a little bit in the cold months but i couldnt tell you for sure. Guess we will see in 2 months :poke: not looking forward to my first north winter riding season

Unless I'm going snowboarding or fishing for somethin' big, I'm down for shorts/sandels all year long.

Back