Burping Gen 1 Busa

SABUSABOY

Registered
Hi guys.

I need your advice, what is the best way to burp my Gen 1 busa, any special trick or is there a device that can do it for me I fill her up, push pipes lean it to the left to the right, fill up and keep doing this, run with cap on till fan comes on and then let it cool down, then check levels and repeat no joy. I have searched every post and tried everything but still having issues.

I did a track day the other day, could only do laps and then overflow bottle is boiling over p overflow pipe to ground, I leave it to cool down and sucks water back, so I don't believe it can be a blown head gasket. Please help as I am at wits end and about to burn the bike to the ground. Just hope there is a device that can help and remove all the air pockets. Could the head gasket be a problem? Could I take the bike to a radiator place and see if they can put the dye in or sample the water and check for hydrocarbons.

I know my radiator has a lot of road rash so the efficiency of the radiator is not what it use to be, would this compound the problem, would a new radiator with a higher bar radiator cap be a better solution?

Like I said, am at wits end:banghead:

Thanks Dylan

I had the same issue this spring. I called GixerHP here on the boards and he helped me. I was doing the same as you, but after a day or 2 of riding to work it would start burping out the overflow. Drove me crazy. I called him after I had tried 4 times very unsuccessfully.

What he told me was to take the plastic off and start her up. Let her run until the fan kicked on. Shut it off and Immediately remove the cap...being careful not to burn yourself...as coolant will come out. Top it off. Then I did the same thing a few more times...each time coolant came blowing out. Topped it off and filled the bottle to correct level and I have not had a problem since.

Worst case, look him up on her and shoot him a message. He has helped me out via the phone and with parts a few times. Real nice guy that seems to know his stuff.

As you fill the radiator are you rocking the bike left and right? My friend and I just did his gen 1 and had no problems. Fill it, rock it, fill it and repeat until topped off. Run the bike until the thermostat opens, it will burp a little coolant then drop. Top it off and put the radiator cap on quickly. Let it warm up until the fan starts then shuts off then turn the bike off. Top off the overflow reservoir to the full mark and let the bike cool. Once the bike has cooled, top off the radiator and overflow and you should be good to go. If you are still having problems, check or replace your radiator cap.

That's what I have been doing, decided to buy a new thermostat, new 1,6 bar cap from Schnitz racing and replacing my radiator with new one due to all the road rash I have, then fit a GSXR1000 right side fan and radiator guard to protect new radiator.

There is a Muzzy fan mod you can do to add a second fan. Don't know anything about it but you should look into it.

Back