Burnout Question

Thrust

Registered
I've heard people mention spinning (smoking?) the rear tire just by rolling on the throttle. My friend mentions being able to do this (he is stock except for lowered). How easy should I be able to accomplish this?? I'm still **very** new to the 'Busa powerband but it seems to just leap forward like a rocket when I roll on the throttle.

I'm not a big showoff or anything but after having sold my Supra and having an AWD car for awhile I miss a little smoke show every now and then.

Also, I can do a "normal" burnout (even though I haven't done it on the 'Busa yet) by powerbraking (holding front brake).

What are the chances of flipping the bird
super.gif
should I be rolling slowly in 1st and drop the clutch from say 8k rpm?

Thanks for answering the silly newbie questions.

...should I be rolling slowly in 1st and drop the clutch from say 8k rpm?
Only if you want to loop it. If you do that and it hooks, I figure you're gonna bust a 12.

I haven't done a rolling burnout but I read somewhere that the way to do it is to stand on the pegs and lean forward over the tank and windscreen while rollin' slow, then you bounce on the pegs and when the suspension rebounds back up and unloads you twist it hard. You also have to work the front brake at the same time if you want to keep it movin' slow while smokin' the meat. Again, I haven't done it but that's one way to do it according to the article I read in Super Street Bike magazine (I think?).

Bullet I think that's a little to much squid there...I think the one he's refering to is when you play the clutch and throttle and as you feel it start to break loose your dumping the clutch and giving it throttle...Either one I would not encourage...Man get use to and enjoy your bike...Don't worry about what others are doing on their bike...You try the rolling burnout and your gonna freak your bike up...
evil.gif

Shat...Just extend your brake torque burnout into a rolling one...They look cool also...
evil.gif

Bullet I think that's a little to much squid there...I think the one he's refering to is when you play the clutch and throttle and as you feel it start to break loose your dumping the clutch and giving it throttle...Either one I would not encourage...Man get use to and enjoy your bike...Don't worry about what others are doing on their bike...You try the rolling burnout and your gonna freak your bike up...  
evil.gif
Yeah, I don't recommend doin' ANY burnouts unless you're on a drag tire at the strip. I want to save all my rubber for the twisties now.
wink.gif
I also agree that it's a squid move, but if he wants to do it, who am I to sit by and not help him?
laugh.gif

Yah.....definetly don't wanna dump the bike. So what about just rolling on the throttle? Is it normal for a bone stock busa to break the rear tires loose just by dumping the throttle (no clutch usage) while rolling in 1st?

Yah.....definetly don't wanna dump the bike.  So what about just rolling on the throttle?  Is it normal for a bone stock busa to break the rear tires loose just by dumping the throttle (no clutch usage) while rolling in 1st?
Uh...NO!!!You will end up performing what is refered to as a power wheelie...And again to much throttle and you'll be looking at the sky or moon depending on the time of day...
evil.gif

If you lower your bike you can do a rolling burnout just by rolling on the trottle fast and completely. I would not try it on stock height busa though because it will just stand up.

I have an additonal experience I can add to this. first, when the tire is cold and the throttle is whacked it is likely to do a rolling burn out. Second, if your tire is over inflated the likelyhood of a rolling burnout is increased. Third, if you do a 2nd gear clutch up wheelie it will sometimes do a rolling burnout at about 45 to 50 mph. I had a first the other day and it scared the crap out of me. I slipped the clutch a little bit, ok a lot, in 2nd at 40 mph and the rear busted loose and was sideways. The nose then came off of the ground so I was burning out, sliding sideways and starting to loft the front end at the same time.

Time to stop, too much going on at once. I try not to power wheelie anymore as it comes up too fast and seems uncontrollable. 2nd gear clutch up is much easier to handle, IMO. Be carefull though, this is not recommended behavior with this bike. Also remember that if it starts doing any of the above do not make any sudden throttle changes up or down. Your likely to snap her out of shape one way or another and end up yarded.
AAAssjani.gif

i have to agree. you are asking to drop the bike doing a burnout like that. The busa is too nice of a bike to be plastic side down!
biggrin.gif

Wait till yer rear meat is al worn out & you'll have rolling burnouts galore!
wink.gif
Or, put on a 43t rear sprocket and you can do 100mph rollers... ACCIDENTALLY! I left a blackie on one of the long, smooth straights (and in my undies) at Cheaha yesterday unintentionally. I was just wantin' to RAIL down the straight. First time I've railed since puttin' on the new sprocket. At just over 100mph the friggin' rear broke loose and spun!
eek2.gif
Luckily the only damage to the busa was a nice anus shaped plug out of my Tobin seat!
biggrin.gif
Wonder if he could make me a seat cover made out of Kevlar?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Note to self, no more snappin' the throttle... ROLL IT ON!!!
drooling3.gif

Anyway, you haven't lived until you've kicked it a li'l sideways at 100+ fuggin' miles per hour!
eek2.gif
Hehehe... I told my Dad about it and told him the "You haven't lived" thing. He just shook his head and said, "Well... I hope I never live then."
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

eek2.gif

Buy a cheap stunt bike to practice and beat up. DON"t be mean to your Busa.

I think rolling burnouts are easier if the person doing them don't weigh much, but my 270# ass trying them i just end up launching the bike not spinning.

Rollin burnouts are cool looking, fun to do, and one of the easiest tricks out there. Busas are especially easy to do them on cause of that killer low end torque.

1. Roll SLOWLY 5mph maybe
2. Stand up
3. Lean over the front,hold the tank with your knees
4. The tricky part
a. apply front brake, just enough to unload the rear tire for a split second
b. apply a little gas, and mybe slip the clutch a tad. It does not take much.
5, you have to do that last two at exactly the same time.
6. You should now be spinning. They key is to keep the rpms low, keep the engine lugging and the tire just barley not sticking. If you give it too muck gas, it will spin freely and the bike will most likely alide out from under you.
7. Modulate the throttle and brake to keep spinning to your hearts content.
8. Buy new tire
9 Repeat steps 1 thru 8

Hope that helps!

Is that what you meant by the way?

Wait till yer rear meat is al worn out & you'll have rolling burnouts galore!
wink.gif
Or, put on a 43t rear sprocket and you can do 100mph rollers... ACCIDENTALLY! I left a blackie on one of the long, smooth straights (and in my undies) at Cheaha yesterday unintentionally. I was just wantin' to RAIL down the straight. First time I've railed since puttin' on the new sprocket. At just over 100mph the friggin' rear broke loose and spun!
eek2.gif
Luckily the only damage to the busa was a nice anus shaped plug out of my Tobin seat!
biggrin.gif
Wonder if he could make me a seat cover made out of Kevlar?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Note to self, no more snappin' the throttle... ROLL IT ON!!!
drooling3.gif

Anyway, you haven't lived until you've kicked it a li'l sideways at 100+ fuggin' miles per hour!  
eek2.gif
Hehehe... I told my Dad about it and told him the "You haven't lived" thing. He just shook his head and said, "Well... I hope I never live then."
laugh.gif
That's twice now BT!

I'm tell'n you, if yer sphincter is strong enough to take a bite out of a leather seat, yer gonna make a lot of money!

And it ain't gonna be in law enforcement!
laugh.gif

I've done that at about 45, in front of the wife and kids while they were in the cage. Kids thought it was cool, wife was pissed!
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

eek2.gif

laugh.gif

Yah, the rolling burnout description is pretty much what I'm talking about but not exactly. My friend w/ a slammed (lowered) Busa just rolls at about 5mph and then absolutely roasts the rear tire at or near bouncing off the rev limiter. He'll leave a strip about 100ft. long before he lets out of it. I'm pretty sure he isn't using the front brake at all.

Back