burnout or not?

yzguyfl

Registered
Going to the track for the first time with a modded busa. Should I do a burnout or not? (never have before on a street bike)

I don’t think it is that hard, but then again I have only done it on dirt bikes, and I don’t want to drop it on the line!!

If so, any instructions on how? I saw someone mention riding it out, I get that means going forward, but exactly how? I assume let off the front brake, but do I say on the gas for a bit? Let off the throttle slowly? Pull the clutch and coast some?

oh, btw, it is stretched 7.5 inches lowered 2" in the front (not sure about height in the rear in relation to stock) geared down some (don't have exact teeth count, but a bit more than 10% going by how much the spedo is off) and makes 190 hp at the rear wheel (dyno'd)

and I don't plan on launching all that hard, so right now I'm thinking not.

You will HAVE not do a burnout if you are that far back if you plan to hook at all! Hold the front brake, lean it some side to side, i gas it and come out a little bit when finished. Good luck and keep us posted!

I assume you meant to say I will have to do a burnout?? :)

I'm a little scared of dropping it on the line! But I also don't want to spin so bad I start sliding around either. I think I'll be alright, just nerves for the first time at the track.

Most go around the pit and back into it rear wheel only to avoid busting the arse at the line before the race even starts. The track here is treated and always in great shape. I don't burn out, but I'm on stock swingarm. I've never had an issue but with a 7.5" stretch you might. You said you weren't gonna launch hard. I would have to give it a try and see what happens. Just make sure you're lined up straight and know what the clutch is for.

I think for my first run I'll just ease into it with no burnout and see how that goes, and gradually hit it a bit harder. If I get comfortable, or spin easily, I'll try it.

Good luck, but if you dont spin,, your not hitting it hard enough!

I did not burn out this time, but I also did not really launch, I pretty much eased into it this time. Best 60' was a miserable 1.9, but this was my first time at the track, and I was just getting used to running it at all.

I never did get in a full run without screwing something up, but managed a 10.49 @ 141 with a 2.09 60' Bike still has more in it. Even this run, I pegged the rev limiter on at least one gear, and did not hit full throttle until very late in first.

For the first time ever since i've been riding (5 years) i finaly did a burn out. Its a lot easier then it looks. If I can do it, you can do it! :thumbsup:

I've done it plenty on a dirt bikes!! :) and one time had a friend not put a lot of effort into leaning forward, and when he dropped the clutch, the rear grabbed, and the bike flew out from under him and down a hill... Pretty funny on a dirt bike, not so much on a busa. I don't think I'll have that issue, especially with the stretch. I just wanted to get used to the track and the bike on the first trip (I've only had the bike a week). I think I will next trip.

Back