Burn # 4 Piston

I also wonder what the plugs are showing. If you have three OK plugs and one melted piece of junk on cylinder 4 then it tells you to really get #4 fixed. I don't know if they run cylinder temp gauges when tuning like on 2 strokes, but it would really help to keep you from burning 4 again. You could see the temp rising way up on the dyno and know, "We have a prroblem Huston"! Good Luck and you might have to see Frank with your bike. Trouble shooting this stuff can get very expensive. The fun of a Turbo!:laugh:

Frank, can you check cylinder temps while on the dyno in case one cylinder starts to really go high? 2 Strokes are so easy compared to 4 strokes.........

I wish it was white this silver is killing me ;-/ i go to san antonio race way we have another engine waiting for a billet block coming in im gonna take it to terri in houston then

This is the burned Piston

1pistons.jpg

2pistons.jpg

3pistons.jpg

pistons.jpg

you can check if bike or shop is equipped with egt sensors. i have a handheld temp pointer i use to check the head of header pipes and see what's going on as i dyno bikes..

I also wonder what the plugs are showing. If you have three OK plugs and one melted piece of junk on cylinder 4 then it tells you to really get #4 fixed. I don't know if they run cylinder temp gauges when tuning like on 2 strokes, but it would really help to keep you from burning 4 again. You could see the temp rising way up on the dyno and know, "We have a prroblem Huston"! Good Luck and you might have to see Frank with your bike. Trouble shooting this stuff can get very expensive. The fun of a Turbo!:laugh:

Frank, can you check cylinder temps while on the dyno in case one cylinder starts to really go high? 2 Strokes are so easy compared to 4 strokes.........

The photos are a little small but that's a pretty serious lean burn through but your valves look like a rich environment. Sitting here I'd say you have an injector that's failing electrically. It does fine, flows fine, gets hot, the resistance starts going up, it quits staying open like it should and leans out the hole. Before you know it the piston is burned.

Any way you can upload bigger photos? Maybe through photobucket or similar?

Back