bumpy ride with dunlop Q2

nabusa

Registered
So I have given my opinion on dunlops before. I simply do not like them period because of previous experience with them. Anyways on my busa I have used CT2's and shinko tires. I have rode in rain and dry and those tires never made me lose any kind of confidence. Fyi I don't knee drag, I don't ever care to race anyone on a track taking turns. I am talking about street riding here. I decided to get some Q2's this summer because I got a deal on them for $50 cheaper then shinko's. So my bike rides bumpy. I mean BUMPY. Like I am riding on a dirt road. Not only that but after 70mph bike likes to go side to side. Bike just does not ride smooth at all and yes the wheels are balanced. New wheel bearings and brake rotors I installed because I thought it couldn't be the tire. Anyone ever have this kind of problem or did I just get lucky and am the only one?

Not sure what you have going on, but were they balanced? Q-2's are what I have ran for the last few years on two different bikes and I have never had that kind of an issue.

Yup, had them balanced and re-balanced. They have maybe 500miles on them now. There is no cupping at all from what I can see. It's just an annoying ride now.

Dunno...maybe you've got a bad set (might explain the steep discount over shinko's?) Mine cup in the front but none of those other problems.

Sounds like you have a bad tire. I went through the same thing with my first front Q2. Had a set mounted the day before we left for the fall bash. First time on the bike. It had a pretty bad head shake on deceleration from 70-40 mph. Drove me nuts. Checked the rotors and wheels. Had it re balanced. Still nothing. Threw the stock wheel back on with a pirelli angel. Rode just fine no more wobble. Sucked it up and purchased a new front Q2. All the wobble/head shake gone!. What a waste of a tire. Less than a 800 miles used. Of all the years of riding and sets of tires gone through. This was a first.

Man that's a bummer, yup it's doing that also. Sucks if it was the rear tire at least I could do a burnout and pop the tire. Thanks for the input E. I'll change that tire out because it doesn't feel safe.

I run Q2s and happy with them. Ran the Dragon With them recently and they performed great, no rocky or shaking. Rain in a down pour and still no issues.

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

No sir. I am not saying all Q2 are horrible. I was inquiring if anyone else has had this issue that I have. I replaced the front rotors and bearings thinking that was the problem.

Back