bulbs

05BUSABLU

Donating Member
Registered
ok im sure you guys have beat this to death but im in a spot and need advise
dont have the cash for hid at the moment but need more light ..im out running my lights at night. i just adjusted them to aim out better but want to get better bulbs....im using stock watts but cleaner bulbs now... how hot of a bulb can i run..looking at 100w 6000k h9 but scared i might melt the housing]]

school me ppl please

Anything over the oem wattage and you look into melting your wiring harness and possibly the housing. Which in the long run would cost you more than the hid's. My opinion would be to deal with what you have for now, save your $$$ and do it right.

Anything over the oem wattage and you look into melting your wiring harness and possibly the housing. Which in the long run would cost you more than the hid's. My opinion would be to deal with what you have for now, save your $$$ and do it right.

I have to agree. Just chill out on the night rides until you save your pennies. :thumbsup:

run just the low beam hid it should cost close to whatever set of high wattage halogen your looking to buy and a single low beam at 6k will put more usable light out than two high output halogens

you really don't need 55w man I feel like I say this a lot :laugh: so check it out a 55w hid should not melt your housing but really you lose some of the benefit of hid when you use it a 35w pulls less power draw obviously so it helps your battery and electrical system by not taking on that extra draw.

I installed a 55W system last spring and LOVE it. I haven't noticed the housing getting too hot to do any damage.
I originally had this setup with a new cycletron battery, and it sometimes had trouble starting up, but then I installed a 1 year old DIE HARD battery just to see what would happen, and I've had zero problems since.

Back