Built in Web Cams

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I have this Acer netbook with built in web cam and microphone. I have not been able to access any program that will allow me to use it. I have skype on this computer too, and the web cam works with it. But my question is, is there a program that will let me take video, or use the web cam independently so I dont have to use a camera and then upload to the computer?

My Dell has a web cam manager program. You might look thru your programs and see if Acer has something simular. Mine runs in the back ground and can be found easily in the bottom right of the task bar.

Mine has a "hot button" that brings up the web cam, also has a small taskbar running that can launch it. From there it operates just like mediaplayer, has a record and stop button and controls for the volume. Anything like that at all in your programs list James?

You can use me to help you test it with Skype. Let me know your email adress so I can send you an invite.

Mine has a "hot button" that brings up the web cam, also has a small taskbar running that can launch it. From there it operates just like mediaplayer, has a record and stop button and controls for the volume. Anything like that at all in your programs list James?

Mine does not have that, I have Windows 7 OS and I it is making me mad! :banghead:

My Acer has the webcam also but I'm not sure how they are supposed to work. Can someone explain please?

Do you have the netbook? Mine works automatically with Skype, but I wanted to be able to take pics and video with the netbook. I will have to check the links above when I get home and figure it out. This new version of window is hard to figure out. :banghead:

Do you have the netbook? Mine works automatically with Skype, but I wanted to be able to take pics and video with the netbook. I will have to check the links above when I get home and figure it out. This new version of window is hard to figure out. :banghead:
Mine is the Aspire netbook but I'm not good with computers so I'd need very detailed instructions. Can you use the webcam to communicate with others and actually see them on the screen or is it for just taking pics and videos? Don't laugh, I do not know.

Hmm 66M and 3 clicks, installed and working Video Phone.. cool and it works..

support at 1gighost.com MSN Live

Back