building a drag bike

So I got my head fixed and motor back in the bike. Bike runs great and over the weekend I got a nitrous map made. Running a .28 jet on my spray bar. Bike feels amazing on motor and with the bottle. I made up another map for a .34 jet but haven't tested yet. Hope to test that out this week. Plan on mounting my fuel cell and tank shell this week. Trying to get the bike ready for cedar falls this weekend. Hope it doesn't get canceled with the cold weather.

20181014_151843.jpg

20181014_145459.jpg

I have arp studs in my motor. What happened with my motor is 2 valves starred to go bad. Will post pics of them this week. Lol I have lots of plastics for my bike. I have the stock ones so I can legally street it. Then I have my drag plastics, then I have lsr plastics. I will see if I have pics of them all. Lol. I plan on doing Texas mile sometime. Once this motor makes it a year trouble free. But I am not easy on it..... plus I have a turbo gen 2 that I would like to get built up. So when I go to Texas I have a back up bike that will hit the goal I am shooting for. Thanks for following my thread. Hope to hit the track this weekend. Will post videos and how it goes.

So I got my head fixed and motor back in the bike. Bike runs great and over the weekend I got a nitrous map made. Running a .28 jet on my spray bar. Bike feels amazing on motor and with the bottle. I made up another map for a .34 jet but haven't tested yet. Hope to test that out this week. Plan on mounting my fuel cell and tank shell this week. Trying to get the bike ready for cedar falls this weekend. Hope it doesn't get canceled with the cold weather.

View attachment 1586488

View attachment 1586489
Looks good. I'm afraid it will be too cold. There is a heads up class at Humboldt this weekend that I'm supposed to go to but the temps will likely make it a spin-fest. Did you get an invite to the track rental at Cedar Falls? You can't just show up and race.

Looks good. I'm afraid it will be too cold. There is a heads up class at Humboldt this weekend that I'm supposed to go to but the temps will likely make it a spin-fest. Did you get an invite to the track rental at Cedar Falls? You can't just show up and race.

A friend of mine knows the guy that rents the track for the midway shootout. He told use to come and try getting more bikes to show up.

Yes I am worried about it being to cold and spinning. But I just got the motor together and want to get some passes on it before winter.

Busakiller, this is an excellent thread. Keep these posts coming...... I search YouTube for clips about your ride all the time. So don't be stingy with the clips bro. Oh and PICS. More pics. We absolutlely looooove pics . Please bro.

Well I got the new motor in the bike and iam pretty happy with it. Just need to figure out how to launch it with all the power down low.

The 9 sec pass is the first pass off the trailer. 8 sec pass was the second pass off the trailer. Pretty happy with the bike and the way it runs. Bike moves out for sure. Run just plan old c12. So the bike can make more with better fuel.

View attachment 399048View attachment 399049
Awesome!!

A friend of mine knows the guy that rents the track for the midway shootout. He told use to come and try getting more bikes to show up.

Yes I am worried about it being to cold and spinning. But I just got the motor together and want to get some passes on it before winter.
Can you get two bikes in? Me and my buddy. Don’t know what the weather will be but hopefully..,

Well made it to last track day this weekend. It went alright. Was hoping for better times but happy I went and got some data. I data logged the run and found the problem and going to be a long winter trying to find the problem. I will try and get a picture of the data log. But the bike keeps getting weird spikes in rpm and makes the bike hicup on the launch. Once I am wot the bike is fine. All passes were on the bottle with a .28 single jet using a performance first spray bar. And my clutch was acting weird. At less I think it was too me. Hahaha. I also met a forum member Dennis at the track. It was nice putting a face to the screen name. Had a great time and look forward to going to the track in iowa again. Lots of stuff to do over winter. I got video of the runs and will post them later. I will also post video of other bikes at the track in the video section.

20181028_093448.jpg

20181027_160616.jpg

So I pulled the 24 volt wiring and started the bike. Had to use a jump pack too. But anyways got the bike running and let it warm up and logged it when I crack the throttle the bike still gets a weird rpm signal. And causes the bike to hiccup. So I am going to pull the power commander stuff off the bike and swap it onto my friends busa and see if does the same thing. That will let me know if it's the power commander or my bike.

Today I installed my power commander onto another bike and tested it. Looked at the logs and it's doing the same thing it was doing on my bike. So I have neared it down to the power commander and not my bike. Going to talk to power commander and see if they can do anthing about it.

Back