Build your own Manometer

Mercury is considered a hazard now-a-days, but a column of water works just as well. Didn't read the article, but for gauges you would need something with a mirrored face to get real accurate. Digital manometers have been around for 40 years. That would be the most accurate, but I don't think it's that important and the pro's say don't go crazy trying to make them exactly the same.

I've got my own "man-o-meter" and sure enough, it works everytime.
Right now it measures more than it did a minute or so ago..
hot_chick_24.jpg

I hope I don't get banned for this post.

Wanted to post a picture of a ruler with instructions about viewing GSXRBots post and making before and after measurements.

Lo and behold, while using Google image search, I came across the Kearing type 6112a French curve. I absolutely could not make this thing up, but it is perfect. Please do not scroll down if you are easily offended.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
The ultimate manometer:

METAL_RULER_6112A.jpg

I hope I don't get banned for this post.

Wanted to post a picture of a ruler with instructions about viewing GSXRBots post and making before and after measurements.

Lo and behold, while using Google image search, I came across the Kearing type 6112a French curve. I absolutely could not make this thing up, but it is perfect. Please do not scroll down if you are easily offended.
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
The ultimate manometer:

That was flipping hilarious!! :rofl:
Posted via Mobile Device

But seriously folks.....

I have heard of instances where people making their own manometers out of vinyl tubes and water have screwed up and sucked water into their engines. Is it worth hydralocking your motor and damaging something?

A round-gauge type carb synch tool can be had for about $60 from Amazon, but I've always been concerned about how accurate these puppies are.

The old mercury-in-a-tube type manometers are all gone, but MotionPro makes one with some other kind of liquid for about $80.

I've seen some electronic manometers for about $80, but that's for one cylinder and you will need 4 of them.

One of the best manometers is a British made unit, the Carbtune. I just found their website which is touting that the English pound is so depressed right now that you can buy one shipped to the US for 68 pounds = $98, which is indeed a very good price for this unit. Get it with the fancy storage pouch for $118. Worth a look. especially if you have a lot of bikes.
www.carbtune.com

so i was doing some reading and will this method work with the 2008 and up hayabusa? I seen the sticky by jinkster, but read else where on the net that a 08 is build different and just using this manometer wouldnt work correctly, could someone verify this for me, or someone who has tried this on an 08+.
thanks

Back