Buford T Justice learns to swim..

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
He swam some last year, but it seems we have to reteach him.
He did good tho, with some encouragement from Dad.
He's checkin it out..
pool0531.jpg

Then he gets a bit braver...and finds that second step.
pool2ndstep0531.jpg

Then once he's in, he's having a blast! He just swam around and around, into the deep end, back to the steps, back to the deep end...
poolswim0531.jpg

He went over to the  edge and had to brag at Jezzie that he was the bestest swimmer.  
poolbrag0531.jpg

Then after about an hour we had him get out and dry off...silly dog.
pooldry0531.jpg

again....that is a friggin huge dog. I remember when GJoker first posted him up....said you guys go through three bags of dog food like candy. Yikes...I got three lil sausages....we go through a 50lb bag in about a month.

Looks like he had a blast...

again....that is a friggin huge dog. I remember when GJoker first posted him up....said you guys go through three bags of dog food like candy. Yikes...I got three lil sausages....we go through a 50lb bag in about a month.

Looks like he had a blast...
He had his yearly shots and he was 124 pounds. He should fillout this year. We are looking at maybe 150 or 160 pounds max.

We are holding steady at 50 lbs dog food every 2 weeks.. that's with him, the akita and the minpin.

Here he is at a picnic we went to.. you can see how tall he really is

Sorry, I just love braggin on my "little man".
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE IT!!!

GOD I miss my Danes!!!
sad.gif

Too CUTE!!! Glad he had fun...Danes are not typically swimmers, so that's cool that he likes it. That way he will know how to cool down when it gets hot.
smile.gif

Great pics TKM...thanks for posting them!
smile.gif

smile.gif

My daughter wants an Akita. I can't find any breeders here in N.C. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find one and not get fugged? Some people will rip you a new one with the prices they want!

Go for a Dane! They are much sweeter and have less of the "one person only" attitude. Plus they are short haired and easier to keep clean, not so much hair around the house either!
biggrin.gif

My daughter wants an Akita. I can't find any breeders here in N.C. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find one and not get fugged? Some people will rip you a new one with the prices they want!
Akitas are the BEST dogs!! Great choice.. if it wasn't for the hair we would have gotten another one.

I've noticed a lot of akitas in the pounds here... I would try that first..

Good luck in the hunt. They really are worth it.

Oh you can go to www.dogbreedinfo.com.. they have breeders listed there for each breed,,, or go to www.petfinder.com and do a search for an akita (rescues).. and they also have rescue groups by breed.

Just a thought.

I've noticed a lot of akitas in the pounds here... I would try that first..
Whatever you decide, I agree with this!

I tend to "pound hop" as I call it...I work in coordination with the local Great Dane Rescue (they cover mostly So Cal, but take in anything they can get their hands on that needs a place to go) If I find something, I call her, she gets the pound to give me the dog for free, then I can either keep it, foster it(until she finds a permanent home for it) or give it to the rescue and she will keep it until someone adopts it form her facility.

You would not believe how many PUREBREDS are sitting in the pounds all over! I find tons of them, all different breeds...you just have to go look. Don't trust them and just call, sometimes either they don't know what they have or are too lazy to actually find out for you. I called one place several times asking about Danes, finally went in and the dog had been therre for 3 weeks!

GOOD LUCK! A poiund puppy is the best, they will love you forever for taking them out of what I am sure to them is a noisy, cement covered hell hole, and bringing them into a loving, carpeted, treat filled home!
smile.gif

He He... Right On!

Looks like a good way to beat the heat!

Thanks for all of the info! My ex-wife won't let my daughter have a big dog like a Dane. I think they are cool and vicious looking..(even though they are sweeter than sugar). I will check out the shelters and those web sites mentioned earlier. I have to find her one. She just loves 'em!

Thanks for all of the info! My ex-wife won't let my daughter have a big dog like a Dane. I think they are cool and vicious looking..(even though they are sweeter than sugar). I will check out the shelters and those web sites mentioned earlier. I have to find her one. She just loves 'em!
Pic for her...
this is Jeremiah.. he's a momma's boy
biggrin.gif

Jer_2.JPG

aaaw... thats so cute
biggrin.gif

....ever think about sending him to the olympics
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Back