Buell Pegs

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Knight Design Gen 1 set. I initially bought the 2 3/8" set but after trying to install them the pegs kept touching the exhaust mid pipes. I then sanded down the area of the peg that was touching the mid pipe and got the right side to fit fine but the left side required more sanding and I stopped when it was appearent the left side peg might be too weak structurally for weight if I kept sanding.

I contacted Knight Design told them the problem. I had also sent them pictures of it before I did any sanding showing where they were touching the metal stock mid pipes. I also told them since the pegs do not fit correctly and they are useless for a Gen 1 Hayabusa that I was attempting to sand them down to see if they would fit and then I told them the results when done. They were not sure why or what happened since they are supposed to be bolt ons. Also my exhaust is completely stock so definitely no issue from that.

End result I sent those back and had them send me their 1 3/8" pegs for the Gen 1. They did in those fit perfect and are a lot more comfortable than the factory pegs were for me.

IMG_5402.JPG

Another huge issue I noticed with the 2 3-8" pegs that it's position was entirely too low where the brake pedal and the shifter knob lever would have to be readjusted if the pegs fit correctly. Also my boots would be directly next to the mid pipe and Iam sure my heels of my boots would of been touching a lot from shifting or rear braking when I tried it out on my racing stands.

The 1 3/8" pegs fit me and my size 10 boots perfect and I don't have to mess around with adjusting anything and my boots don't touch the mid pipes.

Awesome, hate that the lower ones didnt fit, but the 1 3/8 have worked for me so far.

OH, and HUGE shout out to nosbig for getting my butt back on the road. New shifter and lever rod fit perfect and I will be riding tomorrow! Thank you nosbig, I sincerely appreciate the help.

ok so i did the same mod and lowered my shifter lever. now it hits the kickstand. is there a kickstand that will be out of the way and still lets me get under my shifter?

i did mine on a gen 1 and im concerned with the removal of stuff on the shift lever. i bent my kick stand and cut 1" off of it to make the lean more to the left. ill get a vid soon.

The area relived on shift arm is non critical.

from a machinist point of view i would rather not thin out the shift lever and have it stap off on a hard shift just my point of view. i also think they make them that thick for a reason. i found another way and it works but im glad you have found something that works for you.

so hate to bump a old thread but i went to install these today .. do they have to be grinded down? or are they drop in .. i think i ordered the wrong pegs and before i send them back i wanted to check

so hate to bump a old thread but i went to install these today .. do they have to be grinded down? or are they drop in .. i think i ordered the wrong pegs and before i send them back i wanted to check

Well, without readin all four pages again, which pegs and which Gen Busa? The Buell pegs went on my 06 without anything else being done. They work perfectly.

Well, without readin all four pages again, which pegs and which Gen Busa? The Buell pegs went on my 06 without anything else being done. They work perfectly.

i have an 11' busa ( gen 2 ) i bought these and while im not sure if i bought the wrong pegs im sure these dont fit .. if i need to grind them down cool if i have the wrong pegs however id like to send them back

i have an 11' busa ( gen 2 ) i bought these and while im not sure if i bought the wrong pegs im sure these dont fit .. if i need to grind them down cool if i have the wrong pegs however id like to send them back
I installed them on my 2009 (genII like your bike) years ago, but I bought them off a member here that sells them already modified, so that they are plug and play. If I remember correctly there is some small modifications that need to be done to the pegs to mount them, but I might be wrong. You should be able to find the thread if you type “buell peg” on the search bar.

Back