Buell Pegs

Second day on the new pegs.

No noticeable buzz due to weight reduction.

The stock pegs are considerably heavier than the new pegs.

Many thanks to bigoltool for the suggestion.

I think these are viable replacement for the buell pegs, however,
I must say that I have only ridden one bike with buell pegs,
and it was missing one when I rode it. LOL

The Buell peg mod is really light ~ and could fail under heavy use . . .

footpeg.jpg

Whoa, thanks for posting that up Redbull. Definite difference in the design of the two pegs. The Knight is machined from one chunk of metal, it feels sturdy. Will have to see how it holds up.

I have had my Buells on my bike for like 12 years but I have to admit I am wary of the standing on them. Otherwise great bang for the buck.

Great review and pics. They look great and with a 2 3/8" lower then stock pegs hopefully they provide your knee relief.

There on my Busa to do list.

Thanks

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but I have actually "crash tested" (involuntarily!) my Buell pegs. Last year when I had my accident the bike went down on the left side and of all the damage my bike incurred the Buell peg survived with nothing but cosmetic damage. The shifter was snapped off but the peg just folded out of harms way. I am still running the same peg today. So much for the durability concern. I still like the look of the knights though!

buell peg crop.jpg

I bought some of those cheapy eBay units where it kicks the peg out bout an inch for the adjustable base. With that I notice a lot of hunting while looking for the shifter or brake lever as it's so far forward. Definitly bailing on them I'm thinking the one piece design might be better. Do you notice that at all?
Also, part of being down and back is that I constantly feel like my heels are riding in the exhaust. Have you noticed any issues there?

Digging the setup of knights and will prob be placing an order soon.

I bought some of those cheapy eBay units where it kicks the peg out bout an inch for the adjustable base. With that I notice a lot of hunting while looking for the shifter or brake lever as it's so far forward. Definitly bailing on them I'm thinking the one piece design might be better. Do you notice that at all?
Also, part of being down and back is that I constantly feel like my heels are riding in the exhaust. Have you noticed any issues there?

Digging the setup of knights and will prob be placing an order soon.

No, have not noticed any issues, but I do ride with the ball of my feet on the peg. I only see marks on my exhaust when I flat foot the peg.

I ended up going with these.. took a few weeks because they came out of Germany but awesome product. I went with 30mm lowering pegs with race cut. I only lost 10mm ground clearance if you measure to the curb feelers on stock pegs. Made all the difference for my knee.

FB_IMG_1492917578705.jpg

Few more pics that may be helpful.. I tested them out good today using all of the tire and grinding toe sliders and no hard parts touched. Only issues were shift rod and brake master bolt. To get the levers in the optimal position both needed modified. Also boots were touching pipes at times but I added a little titanium wrap and good to go. I'd like to find some nice exhaust guards but this was quick fix.

received_1000096093455136.jpeg

received_1000095993455146.jpeg

Back