Buell Pegs

Smokey74

Registered
Sorry.. I did a search but everything was pretty old. What model and year pegs work best on 1st Gen? Also, anyone find aftermarket rear sets that can be set with lower peg? All the rear sets I've every purchased raise the pegs. Got a knee issue with the new to me bike. Thanks.

do a search on ebay for buell peg hayabusa and you will see polished or black powder coated after the necessary grinding was performed and they will go right on your rear sets

I've got them on mine also due to a bad knee (low side in 01) but I don't know which year model they're from. Now when carving corners I have to remember to keep the balls of my feet on them otherwise my boots get kicked up when leaning hard. They're certainly worth it for long rides.

I've got them on mine also due to a bad knee (low side in 01) but I don't know which year model they're from. Now when carving corners I have to remember to keep the balls of my feet on them otherwise my boots get kicked up when leaning hard. They're certainly worth it for long rides.

I need them just to be able to ride the bike. I have a torn pcl and some nerve damage. With stock pegs I can barely hook my heal. Getting on the ball of my foot is not possible. This could be a deal breaker for me and the busa.

They're really no lower than stock pegs with the rubber removed. Unless you're really leaned over your foot placement over the peg using your arch (relaxed with toes pointing down) will be fine.

They're really no lower than stock pegs with the rubber removed. Unless you're really leaned over your foot placement over the peg using your arch (relaxed with toes pointing down) will be fine.

I use all of my tire..no way I'm doing that with my toes hanging out like curb feelers.

I have been thinking more and more about these. If Joe still makes them I may try a set. Ride every day now and these would help with my knees. Love getting older.

I got a set from Joe for my B King and they give me the room I needed to tuck my knees Under the air scoops on the sides of the tank. I have tried them on my Busa yet.

The Buell pegs are a great economical way to gain leg room. Couple of things though. The peg feelers for the Buell pegs were dragging constantly due to the length, so I swapped them out for a short 1/4-20 stud and an Acorn nut; problem solved. The pair of GM door bushings are a limited (sloppy) solution, so I made my own single piece bushings from old brass fittings I had laying around. Just turned them down on my drill press with a mill bastard (file) until I got the OD right.

Another solution that I have not heard much about are the pegs offered by Knight. They offer them in a few different heights, tread patterns and colors. Just haven't heard of anyone actually using them.
http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Prod...busa-99/Suzuki-99-Hayabusa-Foot-Peg-Menu.html

Interesting bigo, I just emailed the site about those pegs. They look huge in the pictures in relation to the hand holding them. If they still offer them I may order a set to try them out.

Those knight pegs look great.

Anyone here use them?

Twotonevert post an update with any news from them. Do they mount right up to the existing hardware or if other parts are needed?

According to their description, use existing pins. They will ship a new spring if needed. Once I get a reply will order a set and post up results

According to their description, use existing pins. They will ship a new spring if needed. Once I get a reply will order a set and post up results

Thx. That would be great to have a review if you end up buying a set. Iam interested in them since it sounds they mount right up.

From what I read from past posts regarding Buell pegs is a person needs extra parts besides what the bike has on it now to make them work. That and there was once a org member years ago that made and put a kit together with Buell pegs with everything needed and sold them with mounting instructions but it does not appear the kit is available any longer.
If that's Not the case please post a update for everyone here.

I read another post where someone said to try removing the rubber from your pegs to see if that provides a little more clearance and room. If not then the Knight pegs definitely would provide more room.

The reason some folks did the Buell pegs kit and now the same thing with the Knight pegs if their available is to have the pegs in a lower position for taller riders or riders with knee or leg issues and makes a more comfortable riding position.

Ok, so I do have knee issues, thanks to a wonderful volley ball team I used to be a part of. Anyway, Knight pegs ordered, got the Sidetrax tread. Owner replied this morning and have pegs in stock. Should get them in a few days. Will post up results and obligatory pictures. I thought about the quatrax tread but feared it would be too aggressive with my rubber sole boots. Maybe this will help me from stretching my knees as much on the road.

Don't be too disconcerted the first few dozen times you reach down to place your feet on the pegs and wonder where they are.:) Foot placement memory...;)

Don't be too disconcerted the first few dozen times you reach down to place your feet on the pegs and wonder where they are.:) Foot placement memory...;)

Yeah, for 7 years I have been used to them in one position.

They should be here Thursday, but I will be working a storm this weekend it looks like. Will get them on as soon as I can. UPS is tracking.

Back