Buell Pegs, Ride Report

PADEROLIS

Registered
IMG_8906.JPG
IMG_8904.JPG
IMG_8905.JPG
I bought my Buell pegs from a member here, in Dec. of 2016. With my initial install I found they had a lot of play when I used the stock springs that come with the Busa, so I removed them and they just set on my shelf in the garage. A few weeks ago I decided to install them again and ordered the correct springs. I'd done a couple of work commutes, about 5 miles each way, but I wanted to do an extensive ride to really test their comfort.
I was able to do about 320 miles a couple of days before New Year's, and I can honestly say they are great! I usually find myself stretching my legs out, putting them on the rear pegs, or even standing up on the front pegs for a few seconds at a time. On this ride, I didn't find myself doing it one time!! They made my riding position very comfortable! I had to compensate for the added distance from the peg to the shifter, so I added a piece of plastic I found in my garage, not even sure what it's from but it works!

The shifting with these pegs is just a matter of getting used to moving your toes in more that you are used to to to reach the shifter. Basically pigeon toes for a split second to reach the shifter.

Thank you very much for the video link, RB! Funny thing is, this is the video I watched (or partially watched) to see how the new springs were installed. After I saw that, I was so eager to get them done, I didn't even bother to watch the shifter adjustment instructions! The way I was doing it, I was making it too low and it was hitting the kickstand! I will definitely go back and do it correctly! Thanks!

FYI they are 1/4 20 thread pitch. Why you ask? You can install J hook from hardware store for feelers, and they add. 5 " to ease knee relief. I can move my foot onto them and it's nice airflow to dry a wet boot from the rain.

FYI they are 1/4 20 thread pitch. Why you ask? You can install J hook from hardware store for feelers, and they add. 5 " to ease knee relief. I can move my foot onto them and it's nice airflow to dry a wet boot from the rain.
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

That's a good mod. Drops your foot down just over an inch. And you can feel the difference. I tweaked both my shifter and brake peddle just a little. And got them where it was most comfortable.

Ohhhhh!! Okay, I see now!! Thanks!! They don't interfere too much with leaning?

Rarely , and I get pretty aggressive its currently the same length as oem feelers . You can choose a shorter one than shown .

Buel pegs are sold in a kit from a member here who is also on Ebay . They have the center hole bored out with a insert to accept the small oem suzuki pin

Rarely , and I get pretty aggressive its currently the same length as oem feelers . You can choose a shorter one than shown .

Buel pegs are sold in a kit from a member here who is also on Ebay . They have the center hole bored out with a insert to accept the small oem suzuki pin
Thanks c10! I'll start looking. I need a little more room for these long legs of mine!

I enjoy my Buell pegs but a hook on the end of them is not a good idea. As they are, my boots get kicked up occasionally on hard leans.

I wondered about the 'spring' issue - mine have been on for 6 years without issue. But I'd drag that hook so no way...

Adjusted the shifter rod correctly and took off the big plastic piece. Rode to work this morning and everything works great! Thanks again for the video, RedBull!:super:

Back