buell pegs or rearsets?

baleibec

Donating Member
Registered
been trying to find out what will be best for the way i ride. i have sat on a busa with the buell begs, but i didnt ride it so i dont know how they preform. im now learning to sport ride the right way by hanging off to counter balance the bike (was leaning the bad way, which got too low and scuffed the fairings) so im asking ya'll experts:bowdown: which pegs will work better?

Buell pegs are lower to give you more leg room which sounds like is the opposite of what you're looking for if you scraped your plastics. Go with after market rear sets because you can adjust them all over the place. Up, down, front, back.......

Definitely go with rear-setz :beerchug: Like "Bike-Dude" mentioned, buell peg mod is for more of a cruiser/comfort set up......The riding it "seems" your doing, you want to get the peg as far AWAY as possible from the ground! :beerchug:

Rear sets look great and adjust up and back. The Buell peg mod lowers your feet about an inch or so. I went this way because of my bad knees.

sounds like you want/need the adjustability of rearsets. I have the vortex, great product and easy to adjust.

Buell pegs are lower to give you more leg room which sounds like is the opposite of what you're looking for if you scraped your plastics. Go with after market rear sets because you can adjust them all over the place. Up, down, front, back.......

Yep, they serve different purposes.

I think it sort of boils down to your personal preference..

how tall are you, length of rides etc..

at 6"2 I can make the bike turn pretty good and I have buell pegs on mine.. I sat on Dons stocker at spring bash and forgot how "folded" up the stock pegs made me feel.. I had some real knee discomfort after a couple hours on bike with the stock pegs.. I think most rearsets will let you move the pegs back but not down near as far as the buells.. for the money, I do not think you can go wrong testing them out before plopping down $400-$700 on new rearsets..

for $35 and 30 minutes of work, you can try the buells out for yourself.. I ran the bike pretty hard this last week and never touched a peg..

this pic is on "Buell" pegs.. not layed over very far but the seating posture is pretty good all the same.. stock pegs are 1.5" higher and forward about 1"

x3.jpg

Go buell pegs, cheaper, more comfortable, and personally I would not lean the big busa like a liter bike... pm Joe.

im 6'1" and doing ok on the factory pegs, but have wore the fealers down quite a bit. i cant help but lean the bike, it does it pretty well, and its the only streetbike i have at the time so a liter bike is not really an option. i just want to make the bike a little better, and i know i cant be the only one leaning these bikes over. anyone using rearsets for sport riding? i needs me some more input.

I have rearset on my GSXR750 for the track, Buell pegs for my Busa for comfort. The Vortex don't go down as far as the Buell but go everywhere else. It depends on what you need.

A cheap alternative to rearsets are the Buell Firebolt pegs, they do NOT lower the foot position and give you 1-2 inches more ground clearance before scraping pegs.

They look 1000% better than the agricultural stockers, and weigh a few ounces each instead of a few pounds.

The only modification needed is to reduce the thickness slightly, takes about a minute with a grinder or a few minutes with a sander if you're shy. If you screw it up (difficult) you're only out about $30 from any Harley dealer.

Peg.JPG

Back