buell peg mod

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
am I doing something wrong.. or does the rear brake pedal not adjust quite as far as needed? It works.. it's just a touch higher than I'd like after adjusting it all the way down.

The threaded rod that comes down to the bracket and attaches to the back of the brake pedal is hitting the pedal and stopping it from going any further down.

I'm thinking about cutting about a 1/4 inch off the threaded rod that goes into the piston to make it adjust lower.

Anybody done this?.

or am I missing something.. it's entirely possible since I forgot my owners manual so I was doing the adjustments by memory.. but really.. it appears to work just like every other hydralic (sp?) brake system i've ever seen

I did just that... cut about 1/4 in off... werx perfect.. dont forget to adj your brake light switch... like i did

just a follow up... took and cut the threaded rod down probably 1/4.. maybe even 1/3 inch and it worked wonderfully.

I did leave one of the nuts on so I could straighten the threads back out on the edge of the rod while taking the nut off.

Back