Buell kills the Blast

I think the ad's are kinda cool. Wonder if Eric has any plans to replace the smaller cc Buell??

If Buell didn't like the image from the blast. Why not let HD take that bike over? Call it a HD lil'turd or something... :laugh:

Man he did not have to mush that little bike he could have given it to me and I would have loved her she would have made a great pit bike

:rofl::rofl:

Specifications

Overall Height: 28 in.
Overall Width: 28 in.
Engine: Smashed
Peak Hp / Torque (Ft/Lbs.)*: 0 / 0
Suspension, Front: Compressed
Suspension, Rear: Bottomed
Brake, Front: Fixed
Brake, Rear: Fixed
Seat Height***: Variable
Wheelbase**: Variable
Dry Weight: 360 lbs
Colors: Sunfire Yellow, Midnight Black, Battle Blue

Last edited:
Dang... I'm not sure crushing bikes is a good for future sales. If I owned a Blast and loved it, then saw the originator of the brand crushing it, saying it was pretty much crap, I'm not sure I'd want to buy that brand again.

id buy from someone willing to admit they were not doing enough to bring you what you are looking for.

well I rode his 1125Rs a couple of times. (as well as a few other models)
Not very impressive. Kinda buzzy and not in the same league
as say an R-1 despite more cc(s).

My local harley guy has a whole row of em just sitting there for $8,999 new
plus $1,00 bucks worth of store credit...and they just sit there.

If the 1125r is their "premier" sport bike...what does that say about the blast.

I don't see how buell survives ???
Must be really low corp. overhead :whistle:

Conversely my Honda dealer, across the steet from the harley has
an '08 zx10r for 8,999 new. I'd get that and tell them to stick
the $1000 bucks of harley gear up their a...

Last edited:
In 2002 I met I took my kids swimming at Jacobs well this really cool swimming hole near Austin Eric and a friend of his were there .He was a really cool guy ,He insisted on sharing his tequilla El Tossoro great tequilla but he was chaseing it with Modello beer.

well I rode his 1125Rs a couple of times. (as well as a few other models)
Not very impressive. Kinda buzzy and not in the same league
as say an R-1 despite more cc(s).

My local harley guy has a whole row of em just sitting there for $8,999 new
plus $1,00 bucks worth of store credit...and they just sit there.

If the 1125r is their "premier" sport bike...what does that say about the blast.

I don't see how buell survives ???
Must be really low corp. overhead :whistle:

Conversely my Honda dealer, across the steet from the harley has
an '08 zx10r for 8,999 new. I'd get that and tell them to stick
the $1000 bucks of harley gear up their a...

Now, that just says it all! +1

I owned (past tense) an 1125R. It was a very capable bike, right out of the box. I watched Shawn Higbee, riding an 1125R with minimal mods, hand the Ducatis their asses three or four months in a row back in '08, at Willow Springs, in the big twins category. We shouldn't sell that bike short.

At the same time, I found the Buell culture didn't suit me. If I'd had more of a facility to become a fanatic, I'd have done better, I think. Alas. I'm one of those dumb mortals who rides because he enjoys it, and I'm not committed to any particular mark (though I do seem to gravitate toward Suzuki). In my book this is not religion. They're just motorcycles. As long as I've got one I like to ride, I'm good.

I sold their bike for a big loss, and moved on. I always wanted a Busa anyway, so it worked out for me. The climate on this board is generally far friendlier than on the major Buell board, so I'm happy with the change of venue.

As for that ad, I'm not sure what they're trying to convey. Perhaps just trying to get some attention. Who knows? I found the whole culture just a little inscrutable. I don't get the whole thing. One thing for sure, this approach doesn't make me want to purchase another Buell. I suppose there's some subliminal message though, and 48 hours from now, I'll be sitting out in front of my house--on a brand new Buell--no recollection of the prior 48 hours, wondering what the F* happened...

Last edited:
I'll give em credit he said it was a beginner bike for people to learn on I love the approach don't think crushing the bike was the way to go. but I like motorcycles so I see it as a waste. Pretty clever commercial though.

Back